Possibly a dumbass brake question

spiker

trying to growl less these days
Reaction score
Hi all

Had my front discs and pads replaced by a local garage last week and after driving 300 miles the pedal travel is still too long

Previously it was right on the button - now I have to depress it quite a way. The brake function seems ok just dont want this amount of travel

Ok so to the dumbass question, Does a brake disc and pad change require a brake fluid bleed ?- as if so perhaps that explains the extra pedal travel and maybe they didnt do it

Would prefer to have some info / ammo before I call them to look at it

Thanks

Normally you wouldnt change the brake fluid just becuase you was changing the discs and pads, no. Pedal travel is more likely to be something to do with the hydraulics not the friction.

Did they change the fluid?? If your not happy just pop back and ask them to bleed the brakes. Wouldn't take long and should resolve any travel.

Yeah thanks Dave

I am going back anyway - just wanted to know what the issue was

Why don't you try bleeding them yourself? Do you have someone that can help you? Its real easy. Old school way, you and a mate open vlv and press pedel. SHUT before you depress the pedel all the way. There's a little more to it.... Or buy a pressure bleeder. They are pretty cool, or gravity bleed, which works. Search for info. Corvetteforum.com is very good for brake questions. They need better brakes. I also have one with killer brakes for a 1971 car.

Carbster:icon_thumright: