s3 boost guage

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
has anyone got a boost gauge in there s3? im after one that goes in the vent, any idea where to get them and how much, any pics? Are they easy to wire up?

I've got a boost gauge in mine, you ca't buy one that's in the vent, but I'm sure you could get one custom made. Now get your oil leak sorted sorted before you think about this boost gauge! :asskicking:

Surely there must be some way of intergrating a guage without the likes of a pillar mount?

Something to say that you have. Impress friends sorta thing...

would also love one in my car.

If anyone would like to make me a pillar guage for a tidy price i would really appreciate it;)

PMs welcome lol

josh

im after a boost gauge also, but a vent one as i have airbags on the pillars and if i ever had a crash i wouldnt like a boost gauge rammed up my nostrel:jump:

yeah exactly how do you wire one up,im a bit particular with things as well i would want one with red lighting as well to match the dash

danotto said:
yeah exactly how do you wire one up,im a bit particular with things as well i would want one with red lighting as well to match the dash

I think Awesome do a VDO one which matches the standard guages.

The lights would tap into the dash lights & the pressure is read from a hose tapped into the inlet manifold.

are they easy to fit im a truck mechanic,and am pretty handy with motors,but dont like playing with electrics on cars unless i know what im going with them.

S4quatt said:
I think Awesome do a VDO one which matches the standard guages.

The lights would tap into the dash lights & the pressure is read from a hose tapped into the inlet manifold.

Drill and tap the inlet manifold if yu really like, but you can always do ti like 99.999% of the rest of the world and out the t speice supplied with the gauge into the vaccuum pipe to the fuel pressure regulator......!!??! :)

Why do people take things so literally?

I meant tap into it where ever possible...

& I believe the easy way is use the "T" to tap into the vac/pressure line going to the dump valve, not the fuel regulator!

You try to help but some people can't help but take the ****

Apparantly APS can get a vent gauge but it's £250! I want to find out where to get them from? any ideas?!!

A reasonably priced one that matches the interior pretty well is the "raid" ones, with red / amber illumination (colour varies depending on how you wire the lights in).
They are blank when ign is off also.

Just make one like i did,
HPIM0552.jpg

In all it cost me less than a tenner to buy a full set of vents off ebay.

Or try seat cupra.net as they are arranging a group buy on custom made one's
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128808&page=1

I took all the slats out cut a piece out and then bonded them back into position. the top and bottom slats i filed a half moon shape in them to rest the gauge and then pushed the 52mm guage in between which holds perfectly,
my advice would be to buy another vent and just give it a try.

Get a defi one mate,they are the daddies.

A3_Turbo said:
that looks good Jaywoo, I didnt think you had a 1.8T though for some reason?
I havent mate its actually a vacuum gauge, I made it in preparation for my S3 or engine conversion hopefully?;)

Ryanc said:
Get a defi one mate,they are the daddies.

yea they are good! but didnt want to spend loads if the cars going after christmas! seeing as im having in sunk in the vent! lol, think ive got a buyer for the car, a mate of mine. Ive said £12000 with out any of the ice + alarm!

i was in the TT shop (bedford) at the weekend and in a cabinet they had a boost gauge holder built into a vent. Looked pretty sweet, made by some company called Osir...... Forgot to ask how much it cost though, i'll have a look next time im in there

246656-3.jpg

That's the one fitted to mine, it doesn't light up though - at least not anymore. Quite like some of the others listed on here though

i've mounted 2 gauges in my pillar i need some head liner to retrim it though. will get some pics once i get that done.
i'm using auto gauge very similar to the defi gauges that are dark faced when not lit.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this issue...

I once dad a look at a scooby 22B. Remember them? It had a steering column mounted one like the pic, but it was smaller. Around 30mm dia & looked really neat. I hunted around for one online but never seen any.

Anyone else seen this type before?