S3 Alarm sensitivity

S3 NIK

Reaction score
Tonight i had a knock on the door from a neighbour informing me a little scrote had just ran across my bonnet :wtf:

Luckily there doesn't appear to be any damage. I am a bit miffed the alarm didn't go off so is there anyway of increasing the sensitivity so if theres a next time i can catch the little sh*t and see what his dad has to say.........
Nik.

S3 NIK said:
Tonight i had a knock on the door from a neighbour informing me a little scrote had just ran across my bonnet :wtf:

Luckily there doesn't appear to be any damage. I am a bit miffed the alarm didn't go off so is there anyway of increasing the sensitivity so if theres a next time i can catch the little sh*t and see what his dad has to say.........
Nik.

No point in increasing sensitivity, if the alarm does manage to go off, the scrote will just laugh his ar5e off, as it's no louder than the beeps from your alarm clock. :Flush:
If you want a sensitive alarm system, you need to go aftermarket and fit a Toad or Clifford of some sort... :idea:

I must admit i have never heard the alarm. I will set it off tomorrow and have a laugh :)
Bit of a poor show though that a standard fit alarm isn't up to the job
Nik.

I stood next to my car on the pile f glass left from my window and wondered whos phone was rining in the distance oh no that would be my casio watch car alarm :notme:

S3 alarms work via a door, bonnet, boot opening. Interior is via air pressure, so its not designed to sound from vibration. For that you need a microwave bubble system. So after market as jojo mentions.

Early cars sound the main horn so nice and loud. Later cars have the gay quiet sounder in order to comply with EU law for sound polution I believe.

I'd just wire the alarm to the horn for fun :)

HTC said:
Early cars sound the main horn so nice and loud. Later cars have the gay quiet sounder in order to comply with EU law for sound polution I believe.

I'd just wire the alarm to the horn for fun :)
All S3's use the pathetic siren.

all Audis use the same sounder, it's loud enough, just not in the right place. the sound is muffled by all the cladding around it, i've moved mine to the same position as the wifes Passat, under the bonnet, 100% increase in noise.

piece of cake to do, just cut the plug off and extend the wires then wrap them in tape to make a factory fit look loom.

jojo said:
All S3's use the pathetic siren.

Right you are.

Early A3's get the all hell blazing chorus that truely hacks the neighbours off. At least mine does.

Still, nothing stopping any of you guys grabbing an after market 12v siren, sticking it under the bonnet and connecting it to the alarm output via relays or whatever you choose. Either that or Dave's fine idea.

My old Golf had two sirens (one inside the car) and the horns connected. Proper evil mother :)