audi a3 wont go over 4000 revz?

ity768

Reaction score
hi my audi a3 1.6 2000 plate wont go over 4000 revs in 5th gear on motor way no mata how hard i try can anyone come up with any reasons as to why this could be?.....does the engine need tuning or somethng please help

about 90 mph i think...no matter how hard i try it wont go over this speed even if i downshift it in 4th gear then go to about 5 and half thousand revz and then change still wont go past 4000 revz in 5th

if youo hold it in 4th the car should be able to hit at least 90, hold the revs a little longer and see if the car will go over it.

If not its hardly a major problem that it wont go over 90mph, more of a benefit!

does it go over 90 in 4th? is your car an import? have you ever had it over 4k rpm in 5th? if not it could be restricted maybe?

I was gonna suggest this but i thought that imports were limited to 112mph or is that jap only?

Its a 1.6! 112 is not that limited!! lol

Sounds like some form of limp mode. Does it rev to the limiter in any gears....?
Get vagcom on it!

wn i goto 90 in 4th it stays there wn i change to 5th i dont know whats wrong plugged into a laptop too no errors

Will the car rev to 6.5k in all other gears?

sounds like a limiter try and find out where the car originated from, audi will be able to tell you.