Symphony Vs Concert

philsudbury

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what the difference is between these head units? I have the concert head unit with Bose & a six disk changer. Is the sound quality any different with Symphony?

Nope - Symphony is a double sized unit which has a tape deck and a single cd slot (Symphony II has a 6-cd changer built-in), whereas Concert is just tape if my memory serves me correctly.

With Bose, I would have thought that the sound quality would be pretty similar between the head units to be honest...

There is no real difference the Symphony produces very poor sound quality & so does the Concert.

The aerial system is called Diversity, it uses multiple aerials usually embedded in the heating element and or side glass of the car. The headunit switches between aerials to get the best signal. It works pretty well but causes all sorts of problems when you fit an aftermarket headunit. Non Diversity Audi head units make use of an additional amplifier to boost the signal this causes fewer problems with after market head untis.