Fitting S3 kit - Advice?

Peety

Jumped ship to BMW...
Reaction score
I'm just about to purchase an S3 front/rear bumper and side skirts, but they will need to be resprayed to match my car colour (to fit 02' 1.8TQ). Now, my question is (as dumb as it may sound), whats the best way to go about it? get them sprayed, then fitted? or fit them, and then sprayed? :think: Can anybody recommend anyone for the job ? Ideally, someone not too far from me (Surrey)...

sprayed then fitted - the sprayers would probably take them off the car to paint anyway. You might aswell get them to fit them once sprayed

I'll be doing this soon on mine. You sourced some bumpers then?

They're really easy to fit so you could get them sprayed then pick them up and fit them yourself.

Really is a ten minute job to fit them.

Jason

Yeah, as you said, keep an eye out on ebay, the bloke is fitting some next bodykit (think he said 'NEO Design'), hence the sale of the S3 kit...

It's not the first time I've heard bumpers being simple to fit...

cheers for your response!:thumbsup:

P.

Ah right i see!

May i ask what your paying for the bumpers? Just a comparison to what ive found for sale that's all.

Where about's in surrey are you? Im from surrey too...

Jason

I'm in Ashford, next door to Staines...

He's asking £100 for rear, £140 for front, and no price decided on side skirts (bidding still happening)....prices haven't been agreed yet..

Haha no way! Wel i live in Virginia water near egham.

If you ever need a hand with anythign let me know im literally 2 minutes away from you!

Jason

If it were me, I'd fit them, make sure they all lined up good, get all the holes drilled you need to drill and all the screws look neat etc.
Then remove it all, get it painted, then refit it.
Better than a drill slipping and scratching your new paint, or dmaging them during fit in another way.

Also, make sure the sprayers have the car available when spraying the bits to make sure the match is a good one.