New A3 Upgraded Air Filter Offer

garethj

Reaction score
I am organising the design & manufacture of an upgraded air filter for the new A3. It will be a drop in replacement for the standard paper filter but will be far superior.

With the extended service intervals on the new A3 by the time your service comes around your paper filter will be pretty dirty (i.e. inefficient). This item will perform for years without deterioration.

So is anyone interested ?

Pricing to be confirmed but is likely to be in the £50-£60 range.

Increase in performance may be possible but usually claims of an increase in power are difficult to prove (see various postings after rolling road tests). What is easy to prove is that your performance will not go down hill like it will with a paper filter. The engine will breath better and for far longer.

Can be done I think on the new A3, but you would need to have a look.............on the S3, the inside of the top of the air box where the MAF enters, there is a tube entering it. This is where you are able to mount a small cone.

You get:
1 - better air intake
2 - induction/turbo/DV noises
3 - resistance to heat due to being in the original airbox
4 - original/factory look under the bonnet
5 - easily reversable

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
Increase in performance may be possible but usually claims of an increase in power are difficult to prove (see various postings after rolling road tests). What is easy to prove is that your performance will not go down hill like it will with a paper filter. The engine will breath better and for far longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still need to clean both filters at the same interval regardless of what is made of if you wish for the performance to remain. The real advantage should be that you never need to buy a filter element again.

For K&N etc this is true you need to clean the filter in order to keep up the efficiency. This filter will last up to 5 times longer that a standard OEM part and never need cleaning. The filter will trap significantly more dirt than a paper or cotton filter and still remain highly efficient.