Spec list on my S3 Rep

danclarke

2001 Denim Blue S3 Rep
Reaction score
Hi im new on here just thought id post a spec list of my S3 rep in denim blue hope u like. :)

Bam Engine with twin intercoolers
S3 Bumpers
S3 Spoiler
S3 door strips
S3 Steering wheel
S3 headlights
Sideskirts
Eibach Coilover Suspension
Brembo 4 pot Brakes (LCR)
Powerflow exhaust
Magnex De-cat
Bailey Re-circ valve
Jabba cold air box and filter
lightly tinted windows
Smaller tinted number plates with german lettering
18" MTM style wheels
Blue suede interior (out of later a3)
De-Chromed grill (with S3 badge)
cusom code re-map running 240 bhp and 240 ftlb

Think thats the lot,
couple pics;
[URL="http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/mat_clarke/DSC00070.jpg"][/URL]
[URL="http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/mat_clarke/DSC00074.jpg"][/URL]

All comments welcome, i want to be running it about 280 bhp what else will i need to do to achieve this?
When it was re-mapped the intake temps were getting high so i need FMIC, but iv also put de-cat pipe on and better cold air box filter on (makes difference as used to suffer with heat soak after a while of driving it hard)

WOW! lots of money spent to make it into a rep, including an engine transplant.... surely it would have been cheaper to buy an S3 in the first place? So is your car running 2wd or 4wd?
Doesn't look like you have S3 sideskirts or S3 lower strips bud, I'll see if I spot you around, I'm based in Solihull and venture into Brum most days.

Unless insurance is not knowing (hate insurance companies so fairplay)
tidy car Dan

Nice car but what's the point? How comes only running 240bhp on a remped S3? Where's the flared wheel arches?

its 2wd, i didnt say S3 sideskirts, and its got s3 door strips (inside on sill as you open door) Aky what do you mean whats the point? it hasnt got flared arches as its not a S3 its Rep! its only running 240 bhp as the intake temp was getting to high as standard intercoolers are crap, thanks for comments :w00t:

Did you do the engine conversion yourself mate, What gearbox you running it on?
Looks really sweet and i bet goes well to without the S3's transmission losses?

They look like bigger wheels than 17 inch? You sure they aint 18s?

Do you have a photo of the motor?

no i didnt do the engin conversion a mate of mine did it, its goes well and grips quite well for FWD could be faster tho! :p , sorry they are 18" wheels pic of the motor? if u mean engine heres a pic, needs engine covers tho;

SP_A0216.jpg

GORGEOUS car Dan, really, very smart, be it a rep or not, those wheels, and that colour, look perfect!

But, I personally wouldnt have called it an S3 rep.

Your car will be faster in a straight line than an S3, but its obvious from the seats that its not an S3, and the more educated members of the public will note the normal wheel arches!

I myself have a 240bhp A3, which is quicker than a remapped S3, but I wouldnt for a minute think of it as an S3 rep. its a whole different car. Very sorted handling for fwd, and enough power and light weight to out run an S3. Do you have a set of ARB's on it? If not, DO IT! My rear arb has been the single best mod I've ever done!

Running that engine in a fwd car must be great though, I can imagine its REALLY fun.

Being a later model, does yours have traction control?

I run a ko3S AGU, and it seriously needs traction control, the front wheels are forever spinning up, even at modest boost.

it is fun to drive i love it! i havnt got the arb's yet will get some i think tho, how much did you pay for them? yes mine has got traction control i turn it off most of the time as its more fun without it haha, thanks for comments :cool:

I've got a set of eibach ARB's on mine, they cost me £257 delivered.

I can honestly say they are the single best mod I have ever done to the car. They outweigh all the other suspension and engine mods by a mile, because everything else just makes it better, faster, stiffer, but essentially an improvement on original. the ARB's totally change the balance of the car, from a acceptably average car with a strong tendancy to understeer, to a sharp pointable motor, with absolutely NO understeer at all, and a good liking for lift off oversteer should the occasion permit!

really, get a rear ARB on there, it makes it a whole new car!

Alot of respect for the work... the car looks great... but surely it would of made sense to buy an S3 in the first place?

MTM wheels ain't they? not made anymore i don't think? try the ebay..

anyway.

Car looks mint mate! i would have just got the skirts colour coded instead of the ones you got on there, other than that.. i like it :D

Let me rephrase.

Nice MTM 'style' wheels. Are they 'replica' or 'original', if 'replica' where do you get them from?

Don't worry, just found the 'replicas' 18" or 19" OE RS007 at Rochford Tyres; out of stock.

That must have cost a fortune to do all like that.

Looks really good though, Definitly different from the norm,

Did you find the S3 bodywork hard to fit at all?

Jason

thanks for comments lads! the wheels are MTM style replicas from wheel mania.ther is a set for sale in the classifieds section i think?

Dan, very nice, I'm jealous!! my 1.8T Q is the same colour...the colour is very unique on A3's. At the moment, mine is standard, but I'm hoping to start work on it early 2008...How did you manage to get a hold of S3 rear and front bumper, I've been searching since I purchased the car (2 months) and no luck!!! Any tips?

got the exhaust done after bumper went on, ebay is the 1 for the bumpers, you will pay more for front than rear but they pop up quite often on there!