Volks AutosBadger5
    REALITY?.... WHERE AM I AGAIN?.... WHO AM I AGAIN?

Status

RNS-E Which one?

Firstly sorry if this has been covered Ive done a search but am still not totally sure of the answer, Im looking to fit RNS-E to my 8L 2003 S3.

Ive done a search on the Bay for RNS-E units

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...=AUDI+A4+RNS-E

And theres loads of units, can I use all the RNS-E units even the ones with MMI on the screen, or is there a version I should look for?

I want to have it fully integrated to the DIS, Im competent at fitting this kit (used to work in car AV industry) however dont want to spend 350+ and it be the wrong one.

Would like to Add TV Vid in motion and a Alpine V-Hub set up for Ipod Navigation etc etc .

Also any where you cn recomend to buy one?

Thanks Dave
    Last edited by Dave B; 9th December 2007 at 16:09.
    Silver S3 OE03, PH sticker in Rear Window,

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    You need a unit an A4 unit and cut it to fit.

4th Gear

Status
    As above, the RNS-E originally designed for the A4, seems to fit the best leaving a much smaller gap at the top than the A6 unit.

The A3 8P version just doesn't fit very well at all as its got rounded top corners.
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

3rd Gear

Status
    As above too. An A4 trimmed with a dremel or similar will be best.. then B&Q sell aluminium strip of just the right size to fill the inevitable small gap, but will match the alloy door handles and logo on the glove box.

HTH
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

Neutral

Status
    Hi Dave,

I'm just about to do this mod to my S3 & found a good guide that details all the tools & steps you need to take to install an RNS-E into an S3 It's available from http://www.stevephotography.co.uk/page4.htm

CheeRS,
    Rob

MY12
    Red RS3 | Bucket seats in quilted diamond design & red stitching | Heated seats | Aluminium Styling Pack & Inlays | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose | CD changer | Bluetooth | Phone prep low | AMI | Reversing Sensors | Led interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding & dimming mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | High-beam assist | Adaptive headlights | 8.5J wheels in black & red |