AMD Group Buy

Stormcatcher

Reaction score
Anyone interested inorganising a AMD group buy for the serial port tuning.

There already is one for the TT so how about we do one for the S3.

Its just a suggestion, cause I have no idea how to go about doing it.

How about getting a tuning group buy together for a3 1.8t owners. Can't get the port tuning on my 98 car
Sure theres plenty of people who'd be interested in a discount tune up

Stormcatcher, for port tuning, they usually give u a general program. If you want the most gain, you are better off going to AMD n doing a rolling road tune. That,they will work out the best for your car rather than an individual chip

but for hte ppl that can't reach AmD HQ, then the only way is to chip it or port it when its available

alright guys, anyone in one clicks for 1.8T (fly by wire) and chips for the none fly by wires. If you guys are in, please post your request and see what we can sort out

Who is quoting 300bhp??? on the S3?
That figure would only be achieved on the standard turbo if the flywheel is changed for a lightened one, and then you will see a loss of torque, it's a trade off, I think it's very misleading to quote this without making that clear.

Just recieved the following info from AMD on prices and gains:

1. Generic Program £595 + VAT, 260BHP, 270Lbs/ft torque
2. Rolling Road Program £695 + VAT, 265/270BHP, 280/290 Lbs/ft torque

Be interested to see what reduction we could get for group buy.

[ QUOTE ]
Loach said:
Who is quoting 300bhp??? on the S3?
That figure would only be achieved on the standard turbo if the flywheel is changed for a lightened one, and then you will see a loss of torque, it's a trade off, I think it's very misleading to quote this without making that clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously doubt you can get a true 300bhp out of the standard turbo

Rich

prices will be available in the next 4 hours.
Want to see how many are in for the GB on a generic chip/one click

and how many of us wants to visit AmD for a rolling road tune

Quote:

"could someone give me details on prices and bhp increase"

See earlier post for BHP increases between progs and AMD qouted prices

Getting confirmation really soon on GB hold tight guys

please make sure if you want a One Click upgrade your car MUST be a Fly by wire throttle. (it won't work on cable)

[ QUOTE ]
revdup said:
is this for the AmD 1 click? how much and how'd i order? ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look on the tt-forum.co.uk site under group buy's. It something like 360+vat for the generic and 460+Vat for the Rolling Road one click.

Cheers
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
I don't get this! Why don't you just take part in Waks group buy? It is for the AmD One Click after all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich - Waks gb closed on the 12th
..... by the way u heard from AmD yet?

[ QUOTE ]
S3_MCD said:
[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
I don't get this! Why don't you just take part in Waks group buy? It is for the AmD One Click after all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich - Waks gb closed on the 12th
..... by the way u heard from AmD yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Marcus,
No haven't heard anything yet. I have given my deposit and its been taken out of my account but nothing about the install date. Have you heard anything?

Can also do group buy for the following products:

Brakes, (include Brembo, Porsche and Sportecs)
One Clicks for Tdi Engines

One Click is not ready for the S3 yet, but I believe they will be ready when this GB is completed. I will keep you all update in regards to the S3/TT One Click units

Basically just post whatever you want, I will obtain a price for it.

Just phoned AmD and booked myself in a for a normal remap. They are honoring the Group buy price so its still all good.

Not really that bothered about switching back to stock and I probably wouldn't bother anyway.

Come on 8th April!

Yeh true, for a generic remap, the actually chip is like a piggy back chip meaning, you can take it out (with some skill n care) and plug the standard one back in.

Yup id be up for some of that , though i have a 98 1.8t sport any ideas what i could do ? i dont want to spend to much though , 300 - 500 and im happy,

just talked to Craig:

Finall prices, will not be changed here on after (ALL PRICES + VAT)

Custom Remap for 1.8T:
1-5 buyers: 520 pounds
6-10 buyers: 480 pounds

Generic Remap for 1.8T:
1-5 buyers 460 pounds
6-10 buyers: 420 pounds

What about the price fo the cable throttle 1.8T... retail on that is £450.

Rich

Just to confirm this is for One Click? I thought it had been cancelled.

AFFIRMATIVE MATEY!! I'm in. So wats it involve... like im a dumb ***... i wanna know wat im payin 4 and hey guys no stupid answers like: a remap.. duh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

you will be paying for a chip at AmD, (sorry been away for a few days), I will do a first recall on say 25ht April or so. Please firmly confirm your details with me by then, so I can send all details to AMD

sorry guys been real busy lately, so far we have 4 ppl. Can those buyers please send me an email with all your details so I can send it off to AMD

Phone,
Name
Car
Year of Car
Number plate

The usual

Cheers

Yea im def up for an upgrade - How much is it gonna be???

I have a 53 plate S3.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

S3 right?

Currently it stands at 500 pounds plus VAT all done at AmD. Some buyers have backed off, but like I said this is not due till late May