What is this all about?

Why would you actually want to have that on your car, i believe the designers of cars usually fit a speedometers to tell you what speed you are doing,why the f*ck would you want your air con unit doing it as well, you wouldnt want your speedometer reading your car temp rather than the speed so why do the opposite,just my oppinion of course.:keule:

Might be interesting to see how they do it? I suspect future problems with the computer though!

probably get a reading from the speedo some how my bridging the wires to the air con unit,surely the air con temp wouldnt be able to be displayed after though,

I use it it gives u the following
[SIZE=+1]Code[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Displayed Value[/SIZE]1System malfunction - displayed as a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 2Digital value of Interior Temperature Sensor, in Headliner (G 86)3Digital value of Interior Temperature Sensor, in Instrument Panel (G 56)4Digital value of Fresh Air Intake Duct Temperature Sensor (G 89)5Digital value of Outside Air (Ambient) Temperature Sensor (G 17), front6Digital value of Outside Air (Ambient) Temperature Sensor7Digital value of Ambient Temperature Sensor At Fresh Air Blower (G 109)8Digital value of Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 92)9Delta value of Temperature Regulator Flap10Non-corrected specified value of Temperature Regulator Flap11Digital value of Central Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 112)12Specified value of Central Flap13Digital value of Footwell/Defroster Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 114)14Specified value of Footwell/Defroster Flap15Digital value of Air Flow Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 113)16Specified value of Air Flow Flap17Vehicle Speed (km/h)18Actual Air Blower voltage (Volts)19Specified Fresh Air Blower voltage (Volts)20A/C Compressor (A/C Clutch) voltage (Volts)21Number of low voltage occurrences, non-transient22Cycle condition of A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch (F 118)23Cyclings of the A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch (F 118)24Cyclings of the switches, absolute non-fluctuating25Analog/Digital value, Kick-Down Switch26Analog/Digital value, Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Warning Light27Engine Speed (RPM)28N/A29A/C Compressor speed in rpm (Equals Engine Speed x 1.28)30Software version31N/A32Potentiometer malfunction counter, Temperature Regulator Flap33Potentiometer malfunction counter, Central Flap34Potentiometer malfunction counter, Footwell/Defroster Flap35Potentiometer malfunction counter, Air Flow Map36Feedback value, cold end-stop, Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 92)37Feedback value, hot end-stop, Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 92), max. stop38Feedback value, cold end-stop, Central Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 112)39Feedback value, hot end-stop, Central Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 112)40Feedback value, cold end-stop, Footwell/Defroster Flap Motor Potentiometer (G114)41Feedback value, hot end-stop, Footwell/Defroster Flap Motor Potentiometer (G114)42Feedback value, cold end-stop, Air Flow Map Motor Potentiometer (G 113)43Feedback value, hot end-stop, Air Flow Map Motor Potentiometer (G 113)44Vehicle operation cycle counter45Calculated interior temperature (internal software, in digits)46Outside (ambient) temperature, filtered, for regulation (internal software)47Outside (ambient) temperature, unfiltered, (internal software, in deg C)48Outside (ambient) temperature, unfiltered, (in digits)49Malfunction counter for speedometer (vehicle speed) signal50Standing time (in minutes)51Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) in deg C52Graphics channel 1 - A/C compressor switch-off conditions are identified by illuminated segments of the “88.8” display. 53Graphics channel 2 - Climate system electrical outputs are identified by illuminated segments of the “88.8” display. 54Control characteristics55Outside (ambient) temperature, in deg C or deg F depending on setting on A/C control head56Temperature in deg C, from Interior Temperature Sensor, in Headliner (G 86)57Temperature in deg C, from Interior Temperature Sensor, in Instrument Panel (G 56)58Temperature in deg C, from Fresh Air Intake Duct Temperature Sensor (G 89)59Temperature in deg C, from Outside Air (Ambient) Temperature Sensor (G 17), front60Temperature in deg C, from Ambient Temperature Sensor At Fresh Air Blower (G 109)61Software version (latest)86Display Check (All Segments of Climate Control display light up

that means nothin to me mate,lol.so what does in do in simple terms

and it works by doing what to your car?:think:

The MK4 boys use it, but having such a samll LCD panel on the heater control I don't know how its possible. You have to push a series of buttons to make it work. Someone will be along soon that knows the sequence

basicly, you push the recirculate and up buttons together, and it goes onto the code screen, then you can scroll through the codes using + and -, and choose to view a code by pressing recirc again.

Its great for a few things, like a speed display in km when abroad (genuine speed too not speedo over reading speed)

Its also good for monitoring genuine coolant temp, as the dash clock is an adjusted value to keep simple people happy!

Will try in the morn. and post results...

Magic work folks!:icon_thumright:

Prawn said:
basicly, you push the recirculate and up buttons together, and it goes onto the code screen, then you can scroll through the codes using + and -, and choose to view a code by pressing recirc again.

how do you get it back to normall mode

Tried, but does not work on my pre-facelift A3, I am afraid. :no:

i cant believe the chancer is trying to sell that on ebay, scum!

to put it back to normal just bash the same combo(iirc), or turn the ignition off.

The digital speedo read out is kind of kool, but its in kph :-( Would be pretty kool if you could get it to display on the DIS, but i dont think you can.

GrahamPrice said:
no definatly does not work on the pre-facelift A3, just tried it on mine too

Prawn and myself both have pre facelift a3's and it works for us.

works on my a3 1997 model but when i put it on 51 the temp is showing -06 all the time it never moves is there something wrong with my water system

i done it on my 98 a3, there is a thread on here somewhere with the codes on it.