Octane booster

FatLad

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm what product most members favour ? I have heard Millers Oils products to be very good and a quick look on there website would indicate that Octance Plus to be most suitable for my A3 1.8T Sport, taking the octane rating to around 99 if used with Optimax (my regualr juice) ???

I'm sure they are all grand, but I'll be bu&&ered if I get tell the difference with my cars running octane booster vs not. I can feel no difference, time no difference with my stopwatch and have no timed difference at the 1/4 mile.

Of course, all variables are not likley to be equal in my tests, but you would expect some difference if they were the miracle elixir that they are sold as...

I can time a difference between standard and optimax unleaded (on average a whole 0.2s on the 1.4 mile) but still, I cannot perceive a difference from behind the wheel.

O.K. fair do's, it's just something I've always wanted to try ever since attending the AMD rolling road meet at which a no. of S3 members expected good bhp figures by using the stuff.

Hehe, its worth a go and might give you 2bhp peak on the dyno, but I wouldn't buy it in bulk and use it every tank /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've tried it and honestly can't say that it made a difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
IMHO it was a waste of time. Not saying it won't make a differnce for others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Tried it...dyno'd it...no difference.

Another big fat waste of money...it doesn't do anything close to what it's overrated claims suggest.

At least it didn't on my two cars...

Living in Scotland, you can't get Momentum or Shell optimax apart from the cities.
Before the shutdown, went around the NC500, I have a S5 APR stage 1 + TCU tune (tuned for 99RON).
On a long "family" run I am getting around the low to mid 30s GPM (main roads) , but only 4 star available in the heelands, and my MPG dropped to 22 - 24MPG.
Used the millers octane booster and the MPG went up to 28 - 30 average on the main roads.
So I suppose what the tuning you have regarding if Octane boosters are worth it.