Opinions on MTM

Stuart_A3_Turbo

Reaction score
Hi guys, im looking for some opinions on MTM, as im considering visiting QSTuning which i recently discovered is only an hour away from me - closer than the company i normally use. Im gonna ditch the superchip and hopefully get one of their chips and get the car set up properly on their rolling road. I know the age old chip question is slightly involved in this post but i just want to know what you guys think of their chips or things you have heard, not other companies that you think are better. Cheers guys

Stuart.

MTM(QST) are a highly regarded company... and their products are very competitive.

However, personally i dont like the look of their maps.

They tend to peak really oearly (quite high), but then drop off really sharp.

There were some plots about here somethere which show it.

Personally i prefer the peak torque to be a bit further up the revs with a gentle drop off... Much nicer.

Rich

MTM are an excellent company, Kim has been tuning Audi's for a long time.

The difference in their mapping shape (compared to say AMD) is one of personal preference. Realistically the best way to judge is to drive a car that has been mapped by MTM and see if you like it. Rolling road graphs can be very misleading I wouldn't make a judgement based purely on the shape of the graph.

Hi Cyuen.

Yup sure am. You Auckland? What car?

Cheers

did you have a look at hte stock exhaust.. check out that 2.5" in to pancake shape pipe.. i wonder how the gas actually flows through (not flow, its more like squeeze)

did you manage to get the cats.. i had no idea these pets (haha) cost so much

Yup - the stock is in my basement. Restricted it is ++. My feeling is that it is designed to hug the undertray to minimise warranty claims from being too vulnerable. There are many places it is squashed to a fraction of the diameter of the Milltek, and the rear box is like a pancake compared to the drum of the Milltek - hence the latters deep note - a subwoofer in our exhaust HA HA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers