S3 Mud Flaps

tonypill

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get a set of mudflaps for the S3. I live in a rural part of the country, and the car is permanently lagged in mud.

I have tried the stealers, but they say that Audi have never listed them for the S3.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Tony

I bought my from Stafford Audi via Ebay. You can buy the standard rear A3 Mudflaps for your S3. I have them on mine and the fitment is spot on.

Check out the thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=8083 for info and pics.

Or do a search on Ebay, cost me £30.00 and about 10mins work.

jester do you have any pics of them fitted,im debating to get some for mine,cheers bud

I'll take some tomorrow when theres a bit of light.

Is it worth it? They look alright, and were straight forward to fit so yeah a nice basic mod. Has it helped is the question....

If you do a search there will be some piccies in old posts. To recap, normal A3 rear mudflaps fit front and rear on the S3. The front isn't a perfect fit, but it's better than nothing. Unless you want to drill into the front wing (not recommended) then you'll need to make up some mounting brackets for the top of the front mudflaps. This can easily be done by cutting a 1cm wide piece of U channel, drilling a hole and then cutting a thread in it using a tap, and fitting a small grub screw. What you end up with is like a mini G clamp.

Put the back of the U behind the lip on the wing, the front of the U containing the screw on the outside of the mudflap, tighten the screw and the mudflap is clamped to the wing. Easy peasy.

Finally remembered to do it:

Photo012.jpg

Photo017.jpg

Photo016.jpg