Standard S3 - bad camber?

Ian W

Reaction score
I bought my 2000 S3 about 5 weeks ago, im loving the car but i've noticed the front wheels have a bit of negative camber on them, enough that my front tyres are wearing on the inside.

Im not to bothered at the minute becuase i'll be buying four new ones after xmas but i'd like to get it sorted before I put new shoes on it, is there any camber adjustment on a standard s3?

I was thinking of replacing any servicable parts on the steering components before it gets tracked up.

What would people recommend, new bushes ? ball joints?

Any links to suppliers so I can get an idea on £££

Thanks

Ian

Fronts have a little camber adjustment, my S3 wearing 19" rims runnind standard suspension gave me 20k miles of even tyre wear, after lowering it though, the rears was killed off in 1k miles, but they we're near the limiters anyways. Now on fresh tyres for last 3k miles, they seem ok wear wise, not installed adjustable tie bars thought, since I only do aound 5k miles a year in the thing, tyre wear doesn't really bother me just yet.

I was looking at adjustable tie bars the other day on the awesome website and they were over £200.

Surely S3's didn't come out the factory wearing the inner edges of the tyres down :(

A small amount of adjustment can be made with the standard solid tie bars, enough to adjust the camber from std to Gmbh spring height but not enough to adjust it if you lower ~20mm or lower. so when it leave the factory they would set it accordingly

Not planning on lowering it, at least not for another 12 months.

Its all standard so I should be able to get it straight then :)

Will be selling adjustable tie bars in the next few days mate. KW's only done about 200miles on the car, was the last mod i did to her before it was taken away

Ash

Ian_GSi16v said:
Surely S3's didn't come out the factory wearing the inner edges of the tyres down :(
If you read my post, the tyre wear is even over 20k miles, and that included one trackday session at Rockingham Circuit running standard suspension.

ash_s3 said:
Will be selling adjustable tie bars in the next few days mate. KW's only done about 200miles on the car, was the last mod i did to her before it was taken away

Ash

I would be interested Ash, if you give me a posted price. Thanks.

jojo said:
If you read my post, the tyre wear is even over 20k miles, and that included one trackday session at Rockingham Circuit running standard suspension.

Sorry, was in work and reading in a small window, 20k on tyres will do me fine :icon_thumright: