What Steel Wheel For My S3?????

ash_s3

Reaction score
Hello!

Im sure most of you know of the problems im having with my S3/Insurance company!!

Anyway, im getting the car back to stip it for parts before it gets crushed and i'll be taking off my RSTTs but i dont have the original alloys to put back on the car.

I need a VERY cheap set of four steel wheels just so the car can be left on the wheels and put back on the car transporter when it gets collected.

What wheels will fit (i.e from what cars)
Can i use Volvo, saab, vauxhall etc.. wheels or is it just VAG cars??

Gonna have to take a trip to the scrap yard and would like to come back with a set of wheels that fit!!

Dont suppose anyones got a set kicking around??

Cheers

Ash

I'd get some 15" ones off a Golf as long as its 5x100 or you might be able to buy some cheap alloys off ebay with illegal tyres. Have you tried UKMKIVS.NET?

How about the A3 pepperpot steelys can pick them up real cheap!

Let me know what your selling off your car i might have a few bits....

Jason

just get any old wheels and weld them to the hubs, as long as they turn who gives a ****,lol

I've got a set of 16" turbo sport wheels that i'd p/x for some parts?

Aky said:
I'd get some 15" ones off a Golf as long as its 5x100 or you might be able to buy some cheap alloys off ebay with illegal tyres. Have you tried UKMKIVS.NET?

15"?
I don't think they'll fit over the front brakes, will they?
I doubt it.

I think 16" min...VW New Beetle or Bora 16" steels will do, or any basic 16" alloy from the VAG 5 x 100 range.

There wont be any front brakes on her mate!! taking those brembo bad-boys off there straight away!!!

so am i looking for 5x100?? thats all i need to know i think
will some wheels go on without front discs/brakes??

Thanks

will they go on without there being any front discs on the car??

ash_s3 said:
will they go on without there being any front discs on the car??

Yes, why wouldn't they? if the whole disk, carriers and calipers are not there, then the bit of width the brake disks would offer wouldn't matter, so long as the bore of the hub goes through the bore of the wheel.