Car back but problems

JayA3

Jaya3
Reaction score
Hi i just got my car back friday and ive got a problem ive done a search and no one seems to have had similar problems just wondering if any one could help?

Its and audi 1.8t 1999 (no aircon) the problem is the heaters when they are turned on i can hear them blowing but they are just making a sort of whining sound and there is no air coming through to the cabin. The only way i get hot air or any air at all through is when its set to the "air to footwell" or "air from dashboard" switch but only when the air recirculation button is pressed. But the heated windscreen setting does not let any air through which is a big problem.i had a crash because of my windscreen clearing and im not prepared to risk driving incase it steams up.

Has anyone had this problem before or any one could help me? :)

maybe the trunking is not connected to the dash top vents. What about the side dash vents?
It may be a flap control problem, not sure if the recirc and flap control is electric or mechanical on your car. Also, check the inlet to the system, make sure the pollen filter is not blocked or damaged which may not allow air into the car from outside, hence the fact it only works on recirc??