Coil Pack Help ?

mattyboy199

Reaction score
A few months ago two coil packs went so i replaced them all plus the plugs. Only two weeks ago did one of the new coil packs become faulty, the car went to Jabba & was serviced + the coil pack replaced. All was good until what i think is another coil pack today. Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy new coil packs & is there a specfic one that applies to engine code BAM.

Thanks

Matt

i m probably gonna try that option & buy 2 new coils. I had the egine cover off & the coil packs dont even look new ? could this be down to them getting hot ? i also noticed one of them has the word soveriegn printed on the coil head & another has bosch & the other 2 are just plain ?

Jabba told me that coil number 4 was the problem is this working from left to right ?

yep left one is number one

recieved my coil packs today, coil number 3 was faulty. As stated above all these coils were meant to be replaced but it seems coils 3 & 4 arent quite as shiney as the new ones i recieved today. I think a lazy technician couldnt be ***** to remove the bracket consealing coils 3& 4 packs.

and surprise surprise yet another coil pack has gone, thats 3 of the 4 supposeidly fitted by the garage i used. None of them have part numbers on them unlike the recent replacements which are VAG parts.