wierd fault?

Alonzo

Reaction score
Hi,
I haven't used my A3 tdi quattro for the last week and started it up today.
As expected she fired up and drove fine but after 1 hours driving i noticed that the MPG which was 40.2 a week ago is now 35.6 and very slowly dropping. Within ten minutes it had dropped to around 33.1 and this was parked up.
Normally from experience it would take over 150 motor way miles to update/alter the average MPG??
When cycling through the onboard computer settings a came across the 30mph setter (sounds a beep once past 30mph)and found it was somehow set at 12 MPH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
After driving back home (8 miles) the MPG went up to 36.8 and after cycling back to the 30 mph setter again i noticed it has risen to 14 mph from the previous 12? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Is it simply one of the steering columb located fuses blown or has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks in advance

Danny

Hi, not that this is any help but I have the same car as you and havn't had any problems even when it has been parked up at the airport for a couple of weeks....Has anyone else been "playing" in your car perhaps.....

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers for the reply,
The cars not been used for nearly a week as doing decorating work indoors so used the other car for going to town and back until now so nobody has used it.
Wonder if it could be a fuse at the st-columb area?
I'l check while its light tomorrow sometime.
I love Audi's to drive but during my short time of ownership i've had nothing but niggles and my local Dealer know me as Dan instead of mr Nicholson.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Cheers
Danny

Sounds like the DIS has reset itself, possibly the battery gave low power during the parkup, or you have knocked the reset button inadvertently /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah it that must be it as i,ve just been out for over 2 hours on the motorway and surely enough it has returned to 44.0 MPG (which was higher than before) and the 30mph alarm has also returned to correct setting.
So battery aside how do i reset this?
Or better still how have i managed to knock it?
Cheers
Danny

This might be related, I'm not sure.

I also (wifes car) own a 2000 facelift A3, I left it standing for 2 weeks whilst on holiday, when I restarted the car the clock and date were both wrong (doesn't have DIS). I put them right.

Left the car again for a week, again the time and clock were wrong. Reset them. Since the car has been used regulary and it has not missed a beat.

May be related, may not.

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
Kevint said:
This might be related, I'm not sure.

I also (wifes car) own a 2000 facelift A3, I left it standing for 2 weeks whilst on holiday, when I restarted the car the clock and date were both wrong (doesn't have DIS). I put them right.

Left the car again for a week, again the time and clock were wrong. Reset them. Since the car has been used regulary and it has not missed a beat.

May be related, may not.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats strange....Hopefully i've knocked that reset swich.
Thanks for letting me know.
Danny