Volks AutosEM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Neutral

Status
    The snowflake symbol on the CC control tells you when your compressor is on. If the symbol is there, the compresser is working to deliver full air conditioning.

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jipsta
    The snowflake symbol on the CC control tells you when your compressor is on. If the symbol is there, the compresser is working to deliver full air conditioning.
    You don't have a facelift S3 though, which is what we are on about here.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Neutral

Status
    Tis true. But surely the CC facelifts have an air compressor and therefore a symbol to tell you its working. Would make sense if it was still the snowflake would it not?

Neutral

Status
    l think what we're all saying is although the facelift model obviously does have an air con compressor as part of its climate control it DOESN'T have a snowflake symbol like the older models.

In other words there is no symbol on the later facelift models !

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jipsta
    Tis true. But surely the CC facelifts have an air compressor and therefore a symbol to tell you its working. Would make sense if it was still the snowflake would it not?
    The facelift's have an 'econ' (for economy) button which disables the compressor. This button has a little red light to show you when it's enabled. The facelift doesn't have a symbol to show you when the compressor is running or not, I imagine it's on pretty much the whole time as a dehumidifier.

Neutral

Status
    Then i stand humbled and corrected...

S3 Drift King!

Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SimonP
    The facelift's have an 'econ' (for economy) button which disables the compressor. This button has a little red light to show you when it's enabled. The facelift doesn't have a symbol to show you when the compressor is running or not, I imagine it's on pretty much the whole time as a dehumidifier.
    That's what I wanted to here, ignore all my posts previously. Thanks.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Neutral

Status
    has it got a sunroof? if so pull out the back seat bench and look for water under there, my a4 was doing the same and it turns out the sunroof pipe had come off under the headlining and was dripping down the back passenger trim and under the seat

Neutral

Status
    Turns out the compressor has failed - that will be the same one Audi replaced under warranty last January.

At least l get a nice cup of coffee from them, my car valeted and the chance to hoon around in their courtesy car for the day !!!

Now running on Heavy Oil

Status
    Go out for a drive, come home, leave the car running, turn air con to vents, turn on to High.Get out of the car leave for twenty mins. Open the boot after this time until all the hot air has escaped. This should remove any damp in the car. If you still get probs then you may well have a problem. If its better you have a leak/damp boot area.
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Churchill August 20th 1940

Neutral

Status
    Just found a similar prob in my 02 S3. Windows steamed up this morning for the first time, they are normally totally clear. Just seems strange that it changed in one day. I hope it's not the compressor, though it does sound scarily like that.

Will check the carpets for damp later.

Neutral

Status
    It's at the Stealers at the moment having the "fan control unit" replaced. Apparently that's the problem and not the compressor !

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by abdus
    with:

witthout:

duuuude! you need to clean your dash!

An interesting read guys, good work. I had to have all the AC flushed and filters changed when I first purchased mine.. It absoloutely stunk. I think it had beens at for a while.. bacterial rubbish built up in the pipes and just stunk rotten for months.. Seems to have cleared now though.

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh
    duuuude! you need to clean your dash!
    car was sat for a month due to clutch problems. Now sorted and clean

Give it the beans!!

Status

Talking windows steaming up

Hi,
    I know this is a bit late as replies go but thought it might help if anyone is searching the net for help with this.
    Had exactly the same problem on my s3, changed pollen filter had AC re gased checked for water leaks (none found-carpets dry). It ended up being the motor that opens and closes the fresh air/ recirc flap on the inlet for the heating!

To fix it remove the glove box, drop the fan motor down and out of the housing and you can then see the recirc flap, check the flap is moving up and down when you press econ button. It should move all the way up and all the way down, mine was only going half way and screwing up tempurature in the cabin.The motor you need the change is located on the left hand side of the flap on the left on the heating unit (inbetween the A pillar and the heating housing), tricky to get to but remove one screw and then it should just click out of position. The cog inside was worn out and was slipping under load. Got a new one from Audi for 85 which is expensive when you see the size of the thing but you won't regret spending that much when your car isn't a tropical rain forest inside!

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12