EM TuningVolks Autos
    Thomas the Tank Engine - Choo, Choo!

Status

New Alloys before I sell the S3???

Like the look of these, am about to put the S3 up for sale, but it needs 2 rear tyres so rather than change those 2 (all four are just still legal) was going to get some new rims and tyres.

Anyone know if these will fit, and indeed look any good on the 2000 S3??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-AUDI-R8-ALL...QQcmdZViewItem

Apologies in advance, not been on here much since I haven't driven my car in a few months New company car oil-burning heap........
    Was an Audi S3, Pre-Facelift 210 bhp, Security Tints, Standard spec, simple sweet and to the point.

Currently a Golf GT TDi 170 DSG in Pearlescent Black with every conceivable extra available - company car

From June 2011 - Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition 140 tdi (company car) with DSG gearbox, Technology Pack + AMI, Storage Pack, Open Sky Roof System, Comfort Pack, Luggage Pack and Interior Light pack. Oh and it's Monza Silver. Can't wait

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I would prefer a new set of tyres with the original wheels. Not everyone would prefer your choice of new wheels.

Status
    Mmmm, yes I know what you mean, but the originals aren't exactly in the best state, a warning to those who will let their gf's drive the car.

To be honest with you, be harder to sel the car as it is with new tyres than with new one's, but that's just what I'm thinking right now.
    Was an Audi S3, Pre-Facelift 210 bhp, Security Tints, Standard spec, simple sweet and to the point.

Currently a Golf GT TDi 170 DSG in Pearlescent Black with every conceivable extra available - company car

From June 2011 - Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition 140 tdi (company car) with DSG gearbox, Technology Pack + AMI, Storage Pack, Open Sky Roof System, Comfort Pack, Luggage Pack and Interior Light pack. Oh and it's Monza Silver. Can't wait

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    also, at that price, the tyres are going to be budget.

If I went to look at a performance car that had budget tyres, I would walk away instantly. As it implies to me that the owner is a worthless moron, and not someone i would ever consider dealing with.

You of course, are not a moron!

instead of spending £500 on new wheels and **** tyres, spend £350 and put some really good Eagle F1's on your standard wheels, that shows a potential buyer you are serious about your car.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yep F1's is what I had and my wheels weren't in the best state and mine sold he didn't say anything about the condition of the alloys. Decent tyres says to me the car has been well looked after. Cheap tyres are a no no. The buyer could alway refurb them.

Status
    Luckily I wasn't thinking of budget tyres, have always bought Michelin Pilot Sports, but haven't the cash right now and catch 22 is that I need to sell the car with tyres.

However, do you know where I could get Eagle F1's at £350 as I can't find them for love nor money.

ps I still do like those wheels but you may have turned me to just sorting the tyres...

pps Just realised one of the tyres now has a puncture!!! D'oh!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Have you thought about fitting good quality part worns to sell the car mate, quite a few companies sell part worns normally with around 4mm of tread for alot less than new.
    2007 A3 TDI 170 S Line
    Sold - 2002 S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spuddie007

However, do you know where I could get Eagle F1's at 350 as I can't find them for love nor money.
    I got 4 F1's from Mytyres for 290 delivered about 2 months ago.
    2001 Facelift S3, Custom Code Phase 1, Forge 007p

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    I paid £90/each for mine fitted 2 weeks ago

Neutral

Status
    Or just sell the car and state new tyres will be fitted for the sale. Then you are not out of pocket too long!!