New Alloys before I sell the S3???

spuddie007

Thomas the Tank Engine - Choo, Choo!
Reaction score
Like the look of these, am about to put the S3 up for sale, but it needs 2 rear tyres so rather than change those 2 (all four are just still legal) was going to get some new rims and tyres.

Anyone know if these will fit, and indeed look any good on the 2000 S3??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-AUDI-R8-ALLOY-WHEELS-RS4-TT-VW-T4-TYRES-495_W0QQitemZ110196334176QQihZ001QQcategoryZ9888QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Apologies in advance, not been on here much since I haven't driven my car in a few months :( New company car oil-burning heap........

I would prefer a new set of tyres with the original wheels. Not everyone would prefer your choice of new wheels.

Mmmm, yes I know what you mean, but the originals aren't exactly in the best state, a warning to those who will let their gf's drive the car.

To be honest with you, be harder to sel the car as it is with new tyres than with new one's, but that's just what I'm thinking right now.

also, at that price, the tyres are going to be budget.

If I went to look at a performance car that had budget tyres, I would walk away instantly. As it implies to me that the owner is a worthless moron, and not someone i would ever consider dealing with.

You of course, are not a moron!

instead of spending £500 on new wheels and **** tyres, spend £350 and put some really good Eagle F1's on your standard wheels, that shows a potential buyer you are serious about your car.

Yep F1's is what I had and my wheels weren't in the best state and mine sold he didn't say anything about the condition of the alloys. Decent tyres says to me the car has been well looked after. Cheap tyres are a no no. The buyer could alway refurb them.

Luckily I wasn't thinking of budget tyres, have always bought Michelin Pilot Sports, but haven't the cash right now and catch 22 is that I need to sell the car with tyres.

However, do you know where I could get Eagle F1's at £350 as I can't find them for love nor money.

ps I still do like those wheels but you may have turned me to just sorting the tyres...

pps Just realised one of the tyres now has a puncture!!! D'oh!!!

Have you thought about fitting good quality part worns to sell the car mate, quite a few companies sell part worns normally with around 4mm of tread for alot less than new.

spuddie007 said:
However, do you know where I could get Eagle F1's at £350 as I can't find them for love nor money.

I got 4 F1's from Mytyres for £290 delivered about 2 months ago.

I paid £90/each for mine fitted 2 weeks ago :)

Or just sell the car and state new tyres will be fitted for the sale. Then you are not out of pocket too long!!