S3 not sitting level.

S POT

Reaction score
My car is sitting lower on one side than another! It seem that the drivers rear wheel is sat further in the arch than the pass side so it looks a bit wonky from the back :noway:. My car has been stood for a while unused but it has been in use for couple of weeks now and still hasnt sorted itself out.
Any ideas? Cheers

Its just gone through a MOT with flying colours so i am assuming shocks and springs are ok. might be worth checking myself tho. Tyre pressures are all ok. Thanks for you replys.

Just out of curiosity - will there be any obvious sounds/signs if your spring has snapped? (silly question maybe!!)

My car was creaking quite a bit recently, which I put down to ARB's after some reasearch from this site.

Now the creaking has gone away, and it sounds like a rattle coming from the passenger rear.....obviously something isn't right and I am going to get it checked out, but I don't want to spend money on parts I don't need straight away if the problem is being caused by somethng else?

I reckon it's a snapped spring myself, or seized arb bushes, MOT testers will generally look at your suspension with the car suspended in the air, so they probably wont spot the height difference.

If the spring has snapped at the very bottom coil (which mine had both sides) they may not have noticed at MOT. When they had the car jacked up the spring could have moved slightly, when all the weight went back onto it. I never really noticed mine until I did the rear discs and pads. When it went back on the ground it was sitting down at one side.
Think its quite common for them to break springs?

UPDATE!!!

Spring has snapped!! The botttom coil has broke off. Anyone know where the best place to get 2 new ones is? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction people. Cant believe it only past a test 3 days ago!