Pick your Brains!!!!!!!!!!!

satanmademedoit

Reaction score
Hi to all,

Sorry firstly for posting in the wrong section......

I have bought a 2001 S3 225 about 6 weeks ago. Although i'm more than very happy with performance ,comfort and drivability i am experiencing small, and quite annoying little problems.
Firstly, under hard braking the front end lunges towards the right, especially in the wet. I've had 4wheel alignment done and still the problem persists.
The car tends to wander more than usual on rough surfaced roads(which there are plenty of in Ireland) and under hard acceleration at higher speeds it tends to need some slight steering adjustments to keep it on the straight and narrow.
I was thinking that maybe some bushings need replacing or maybe a damaged wishbone, but if anyone has seen or dealt with this before ,your help is much needed

Thanks in advance
:wtf:

If the car has done a fair few miles, the front bushes will most likely be on the way out.

When these go, the front of the car can Become very vague and random, especially under hard braking and acceleration.

On the few ive changed with that kind of setup (similar to a mk2 golf) the front left wishbone has suffered from more wear, due to it being the outside wheel on roundabouts and such like. that could be a possible cause for yours pulling to one side under braking.