www.audimeets.co.uk

nickaudi41

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have finally started a website for Audi meets. It is still under construction but alot of it works. I'm planning to do more meets and events in the new year but this time I'm trying to get guys from up North, the Midlands and the South. Please take time to have a look at the site and and spread the word.

Kind Regards

Nick

Good start Nick. It will be nice to see it when you have it fully up and running.

Incidentally, from a web design point of view you should optimise the images you use as they are huge (as in file size not dimension) and will quickly eat into any band width limit you have. (The three small thumbnail pictures on the home page total 6.5Mb alone.

You might also want to include some validation on the contact form as it is completely open to abuse and I'm sure you will soon start getting automated spam robots sending you all sorts. Also the email address is held in clear text form so you are inviting spam robots to pick up your email address.

Please don't take this as criticism but more as constructive advise.

Let me know if I you need any help with the site as this is something I do for a living.

mitch78 said:
Looks good, but since when has Oxford been central? ;)

Agreed, it's an **** of a run from anywhere further north than leeds.

Central is Donington.

M1, exact middle of the country.

Plus............it has a track!

Yea, but thats too far away from me!

you cant leave me out can you :'(

Oxford is far enough! you ********.

Guilford was nice and close

Donington is 1.5-2 hours from most of England though, so as far as central goes, its correct.

Anyway who wants your stinking peasant A3 at a meet, its for AUDI's you know....

I spose the location shouldn't necessarily be middle of the Country but middle of all those that will or are likely to attend.

Donnington's good for me as its about an hours drive.

I think it should be in wales!! :p

But as thats clearly not going to happen oxford is good as my girlfriend is in uni there so please make it on a fri or sunday so i can tie it in with a trip up and save petrol haha!!

josh

oxford way is good for me im heading up castle coombe in may so maybe have a big meet there and track day

Prawn said:
Yea, but thats too far away from me!

you cant leave me out can you :'(

Oxford is far enough! you ********.

Guilford was nice and close

where you based?

im in essex, that seems like a million miles from every meet apart from my local meet i have with (non audi) people!

marms said:
Good start Nick. It will be nice to see it when you have it fully up and running.

Incidentally, from a web design point of view you should optimise the images you use as they are huge (as in file size not dimension) and will quickly eat into any band width limit you have. (The three small thumbnail pictures on the home page total 6.5Mb alone.

You might also want to include some validation on the contact form as it is completely open to abuse and I'm sure you will soon start getting automated spam robots sending you all sorts. Also the email address is held in clear text form so you are inviting spam robots to pick up your email address.

Please don't take this as criticism but more as constructive advise.

Let me know if I you need any help with the site as this is something I do for a living.

Thank you for the advice Marms, I have now changed the site, please take a look and see what you think.

Kind Regards

Nick

Nick,

Gallery now working but you need to pad both events out with a bit of detail as to what/where /when the meets took place. Remember, with a website, content is king. So now you have sorted the structure of the site you need to add useful information so that visitors keep coming back.

Coming along nicely though, keep plugging in and I'm sure you'll be a webmaster before long :)

The mrsite domains offer plenty of good features straght out of the box and the photo gallery if a good example of what you can acheive with a little effort.

Unfortunately, to get much more than they offer you are going to have to learn a bit of html, php and javascript.

My younger brother lives in Jersey and he runs his own used car business and he built his site using mrsite with a little help from me but it's not too bad for a self produced website.

Take a look and see what you think.

www.rightcarjersey.com

The site looks good Nic!

Oxford or Surrey either is good for me, I will be there! If I can't I will send the girlfriend up instead! ;)

How is the RS4 going? And the new job?

what about a meet in essex?
i dont wanna get to many chips on my fresh paint haha

Kinda defeats the object of a midlands meet...but hey...i feel ya pain!