Need Serious help, Car is acting strange

HTC said:
s3 coil are push fit. No bolts.

It will be the coils.

Don't drive the car if you can. Unburn fuel in the exahust bad for the cat.

Sorry chap, you're wrong, as JoJo says, us with early S3s (APY) have the hitatchi coil pack that are bolted down with allan key bolts.

I had to drive my car around 25 miles with one coil pack knackered and spoke to AmD (a while ago and someone I trusted) the most worrying thing wasn't the cat, but the fact you could wash the bores with the unburnt fuel that might cause problems with the rings if driven for a long time. They're advice was to drive off boost and for as short a time as possible, I did and it doesn't seem to have had any long term issues.

But didn't you have a new engine? So you wouldn't know the long term damage it may have caused.

god_thats_quick said:
Sorry chap, you're wrong, as JoJo says, us with early S3s (APY) have the hitatchi coil pack that are bolted down with allan key bolts.

I had to drive my car around 25 miles with one coil pack knackered and spoke to AmD (a while ago and someone I trusted) the most worrying thing wasn't the cat, but the fact you could wash the bores with the unburnt fuel that might cause problems with the rings if driven for a long time. They're advice was to drive off boost and for as short a time as possible, I did and it doesn't seem to have had any long term issues.

Defratos has the push in ones. Should have been clearer. Was speaking in terms of his particular application.

I have exactly the same problems & my coils were recently replaced + my car was remaped by Jabba last week. Driving me nuts !