Best place to sell my A3

rodenal

Reaction score
As above A3 is for sale soon as per this ad

http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1177/cat/20

Now obviously the car isn't worth much so im not so keen on sticking it in the autotrader to be barraged with phonecalls from agencies but nobody else, all for about 40 quid.

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on the best way to shift it, i have no desire to keep it but then again the car will run for a long time to come so im not gonna take silly money for it. I'll put it in local papers and take it to auction car parks with a sign on.

Other than this i'm considering putting it through auction, as anything german seems to attract alot of attention even at this age - the fees can be ghastly tho.

So do you all think i've priced it about right? and any suggestions on how to improve the ad would be appreciated as i'll basically copy it across to other forms when im advertising.

Also any other suggestions on how to sell it are more than welcome

Try www.pistonheads.com for free advertising, it's very good for enthusiasts and rare cars, this site obviously, you could use tyresmoke.net which has a large number of members, but you might need to make a few posts first. Auction is for rock bottom prices really, if you are desperate to sell, I would rather pay Autotrader than goto auction.

EBAY. Should go ok on there that, put it on a no reserve auction starting at a grand, should make £1500+ easily!

Yeah i have been considering ebay, i've sold a couple of cars on there 1 with no problem at all and another with nothing from problems with idiots turnign up wanting to drive with no intention of buying, and a guy who turned up looking to nitpick.

Declined to take the car because it didn't have a full history. I had not mentioned history at all in the ad as i simply didn't have it, but what can you do when some1 decides they just dont want the car - in my mind he should have asked the question before buying.

I'd put it on autotrader 'online only' version. £7.99 for 2 weeks. Its the only way I've used to sell the last few cars I've sold.

FYI just bought my 99 A3 1.8 at auction for £2200 with 144K on the clock. A tatty '97 1.8t with 'unwarranted mileage' went on the same night for £2000!