head unit problem on first start up

peakey

Reaction score
Hi iv got a small prob with my bose head unit. Whenever i start my car first thing in the morning if i turn the radio down id just shoot up to full blast ( not very good at 5am) just wondered if anyone else had this problem. It dont happen at any other time just first thing. Also dose anyone have a distorted front speaker for a few mins first thing in the morning :)

Very common design flaw with all Audi HU's. It'll get worse the more you use it. The memory chip that stores the volume setting and bass/treble/fader/balance has a finite 10,000 locations. Foolishly the designer did not allow this memory to be overwritten, so everytime you change volume or any other parameter another location gets used up until there are none left, then you get the random behaviour you are experiencing. You need to get a new HU.
http://www.erta.ru/review/chorus-problem_eng.shtml

Very common fault on the radio. Search ebay, there's loads of people offering fixes or replacement units

Ok thanks for the help is it another fault with the distorted front door speaker distorting for 5 mins when starting first thing? I was looking at getting a tv to replace the head unit are they easy to fit and use with the bose amp and sub? also looking for a tv that i can remove or a part i can remove from it ov a evening(if someone can point me in the correct direction)

Thanks

peakey said:
Ok thanks for the help is it another fault with the distorted front door speaker distorting for 5 mins when starting first thing? I was looking at getting a tv to replace the head unit are they easy to fit and use with the bose amp and sub? also looking for a tv that i can remove or a part i can remove from it ov a evening(if someone can point me in the correct direction)

Thanks

i put a alpine iva d310 in my a3 had it of ebay sounds lovlly of the audi amp and speakers