Electric window problems ??

jiffi77

Reaction score
Just replaced the electric window motor on the front passenger door of my A3, which got the window working again, but the one touch function isn't working for that window (press it once goes all the way down/up), is that only controlled by the switch or is there something else that could be faulty ??

* Turn ignition on
* Roll window down completely and hold window switch for a further count of five at the bottom.
* Roll window up and hold for for a further count of five at the top.

One touch function should now work.

Hi HTC, tried that still no joy, any other ideas as to what could be the problem, it's only that window that the one touch function isn't working on the other 3 windows are fine ???

Just did a search, some people say all you need to do is make sure the windows are closed and hold the switch in the up position for a couple of seconds to reprogram.

Perhaps give that a try.

HTC said:
Just did a search, some people say all you need to do is make sure the windows are closed and hold the switch in the up position for a couple of seconds to reprogram.

Perhaps give that a try.

This works for my car, audi recommend you wind the windows all the way down and up, so you know it works, the above gives you the one touch function back.

Keep persevering it should work - with mine i have to press for winding down, and hold it there a few seconds afer the window's down, then do the same putting it back up.

This only works from the drivers side switch for the passenger window, my passenger side button doesnt have one touch up, never has

Thanks everyone, just tried it again holding the button in the up position and it's working!! - Cheers.