02 Plate A3 Quattro

Alonzo

Reaction score
Hi,
My A3 has the facelift front lights but i'm interested in xenons.
How much would it be to get Audi to supply and fit them?
I'm sure i read that they are ilegal without washer units so how do i go about fitting them also?
Thanks in advance

Danny

Hi ,
Thanks for the replies but why are they ilegal in A3 but not in S3 is it something to do with if its not an option from new then you cant legally have them fitted at a later date /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
But i'm sure i read somewhere that there was an A3 tdi quattro for sale from audi's approved used car section only 8mths old with xenons as part of the speal selling the car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Cheers
Danny

[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:
Hi ,
Thanks for the replies but why are they ilegal in A3 but not in S3 is it something to do with if its not an option from new then you cant legally have them fitted at a later date /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
But i'm sure i read somewhere that there was an A3 tdi quattro for sale from audi's approved used car section only 8mths old with xenons as part of the speal selling the car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Cheers
Danny

[/ QUOTE ]

Retrofitting them is not illegal provising you have headlight washers and they are self levelling.

Rich

as far as i'm aware there are 2 things u need to make Xenons legal:

1) Washer system (dead easy)
2) automatic leveling system linked up to the suspension so the lights adjust as u go over bumps (this would be so expensive and complex to retro fit)

there are loads of Golf MK4s with either oem xenon lights or vag parts kits that have been retro fitted!

Neil

So how do you go about the fitting of washer jetters to the bumpers and how would you use them from within the car if they're not a standard product as previously mentioned?
Cheers
Danny

It's a different bumper although you maybe able to modify the standard one.

they look like this:

A3_04.jpg

you need a bigger wassher bottel and a different / additional pump.

I belive they are conected to the windscreen washer control (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

i saw a kit on ebay a couple of weeks back, probably gone now.

Neil

So,
Its definately out of the question for me to take my car to Audi and ask them to fit the full xenon upgrade equip with washer jetters and self levelling system aka S3's?
I really cant see what the problem would be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Unless they say "sure but dont forget to bring the 3k+ with you when picking the car up" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
Danny

Every time i post a question and i'm taken back to the thread someone has already answered my question.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Danny

Just to make you laugh! I got a price on the genuine 1 piece Xenon lights today.

£400 per side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

which makes the vagparts upgrade look cheap, U could buy a set of halogem face lift lights and get the retro xenon xit for the price of 1 genuine Audi Xenon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Neil