Hesitation on acceleration - HELP

mattyboy199

Reaction score
As above when acceerating through the rev range i hit around 5k & just a sudden loss of power i also notcied later on a smaller loss of power lower down at around 4k. I ve recently had new coil packs & plugs changed so i cant see how it can possibly be them. My engine light came on at one stage & was flashing then went off !

I have a forge 007dv fitted & BMC panel filter no other mods, its due a service to & is booked in with with JBS for friday, i just hope they have the parts required if any are needed prior to re-mapping or its gonna cause problems.

Any help would be good.

Matt

Get the comp on it and find the fault code that caused it rather than wasting money on maf sensors and wotever else is recommended, itl cost £45 from any local mechanics

unfortunatly i dont own vag com nor a laptop. Since raising this thread the car was allowed to cool down & all evidence of a problem does not exsist although i would imagine the fault code is stored & that should identify any problems. JBS is relied upon.

TIP collapasing?

I recall a vid on the Forge website that showed the turbo end of the TIP collapse under high revs circa 5k - as a result hesitation is felt. Might be worth getting this replaced and looking at your mods it may help the air flow as well.

For the 4k one not sure.

Also you getting a CC done?

jesters3 said:
TIP collapasing?

I recall a vid on the Forge website that showed the turbo end of the TIP collapse under high revs circa 5k - as a result hesitation is felt. Might be worth getting this replaced and looking at your mods it may help the air flow as well.

For the 4k one not sure.

Also you getting a CC done?

Yeah going to Jabba friday fior a service / custom remap. I have a TIP ready to fit. I ve seen that video i thought it only applied to remapped engines running higher than standard boost.