1999 s3 road tests

Ryanc

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have the first road tests/articles of the s3 when it was released in 1999 in uk mags.I've been searching for some but haven't found anything yet,can anyone help?regards Ryan

Ryan,

i have a few with S3 tests in. Problem being at the moment is that i dont have a scanner.

Ill dig the mags out and see if i can get them done in work tomorrow.

Mark

Ive just found a word doc that is the text from the evo test when they put the S3 against the RS, 147 and R32.

it should be attached to this post

Mark

Found this image which is a scan of the Topgear factfile page from a group test which included the S3 although it is the 225 version.

Exactly how acurate is that "Top Gear FactFile"?

I thought the S3 had a top speed of 156mph rather than 145mph? Look at the quoted gear ratios, somethings not quite right there. I wonder if someone's tweaked the facts to make them agree with the story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

They'll be prizing my car keys out my cold, dead hands before I trade my S3 in for an RS Focus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Mark.

I have an old Autocar review of a 210 version. I ordered a back print. Don't have a scanner though, might take it to a mates if I get time.

If there's anything specific you want to know, give me a shout.

Hi,
just like to know the colour and registration of the car in the road test,also performance figures(tested).My car was a press car in 1999,just wanted to know if it did any other tests.I have the auto express one.regards Ryan
would appreciate a copy of the autocar test.please pm me.

My handbook says it holds 62 litres (210 version). I've got a copy of the Top Gear review which compares the S3 (225) against the RS Focus, WRX, CTR, Cupra-r if you want Ryan.

i no it's a long shot but does anyone have evo issue 11 it has a yellow s3 in the group test,wondered if it was mine?regards Ryan