Performance Haldex

Aky

Aky
Reaction score
I've managed to source a band new unit for £400. Does anyone own one on here? What are they like? Will my car oversteer a lot more? I've done a quick search and can't find a lot of info on them. Any info is really appreciated.

Matt

Ive got one, and i personally wouldn't bother with one! Not for the money anyway. I didn't really notice much difference!

Cheers Ed. Any more comments - I've heard people say "best mod they've ever done"

edward_harris said:
ask ess three i dont think he likes them much if i remember correctly from previous threads!

I have nothing against them...I've driven S3s with them and can't really tell much difference but as always, you'd realy need to have one in your own car, and drive it like you wouldn't someone else's car, to spot it's worth....so I'd suggest that it's not the 'complete transformation' type modification some suggest it is!

The problem I have with it is using an electronic device to try to give 'more' oversteer in an attempt to kill understeer.
To me, that's not the way to stop understeer..
Sort the crap chassis and you don't need an uprated Haldex controler...

For some, they give what the owner wants. Less understeer.

I like the idea of more predictable operation, but only in addition to a sorted chassis...not instead of.

But, as always, each to their own...

ive got one, and i get very little understeer but i still have to try really hard to get oversteer, but it can be done.the car goes round corners well and predictably. cant coment on the car without as it was fitted when i bought it.