just fitted neu speed induction kit help?

markyR

Reaction score
just fitted the kit to my 1997 a3 1.8t, and i have a sensor from the air box with no where for it to go it's located to the right of the maf and has two plugs on either side of a metal plate kind of sensor that screws to the side of the air box. can anyone hepl me please. also there is a breather fitted to the metal heat shield that come with the kit but no breather came off of the air box i persume this is just to cover other models.

cheers mark.

I fitted an induction kit to mine last month (from ebay) and the sensor from the air box i just cable tied it to another cable in the engine. I think it's attached to the airbox to keep it cool so try and find a location in the engine where it's not too hot, if possible.

thought it was a temp sensor for the air box, i drove the car and seems fine so i'll tie it out the way. cheers. p.s you didn't notice a breather pipe any where did you? cheers mark

Looking through another forum, I think it's an ignition amplifier. I maybe wrong...
What i found on my kit, there was a hole in the induction tube for an additional breather pipe (I think). Beacuse our engines (AGU) do not have an additional breather fitted, I think some of the later models do, you just need to blank the hole off. As I didn't have any means to blank off the hole, I just used the supplied pipe and mini filter to cover the hole. Like I said before, My kit is not a Neu Speed like yours so yours maybe a bit different.