Strange problem with throttle through rev range??

p14va

Reaction score
Morning chaps,

I recently bought an A3 1.6, fixed her all up (check welcome thread for background): http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=46628
and it just flew through an MOT yesterday after a full set of pads and disks change.

Anyhow, after driving back yesterda decided to see how it was through the rev range, and when accelerating, it starts pretty slowly(yes its a 1.6!) but when it gets to about 5000 rpm, the car pulls back and feels like its hit the rev limiter and doesn't really budge past that.

The red line is at 7000 and I know it should at least rev to about 6500. Its recently had the head replaced a few hundred miles ago, has that got anything to do with this?

Can anyone help with this?!

Thanks.

thanks for the reply guys! will check the MAF out when I get home.

Im assuming to test that its bad I'll have to disconnect it and see if it runs any better??

also would this have anything to do with the throttle body alignment?

to be honest, if it's had a new head and gasket in the last few hundred miles, i wouldn't be redlining it for a while...

madvw said:
to be honest, if it's had a new head and gasket in the last few hundred miles, i wouldn't be redlining it for a while...

LOL....oops....:rockwoot:

anyhow, cleaned out the whole of the intake today from the MAF to the throttle body and the idle is much steadier now!!

Drove it round today and even though the lumpy idle has gone and it sounds much better... It still has that strange stop at 5000rpm.

anyone else have any ideas???