Throttle problem still on going......

Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Reaction score
I still have the on going problem with my throttle body lacking controll and responsivness when pulling away and its starting to drive me mad.

as some people may know ive recently fitted a sprint booster and as much difference as it made to responsive power once moving it still hasnt changed the pulling away lack of response.

The problem is basicly when ur pulling out of junctions it feels like it doesnt want to rev and ull put ur foot down a little bit more and ur pulling out the junstion at about 4000rpm killing ur clutch...not good.

The problem has been about ever since ive had the car mapped at jabba in peterborough and the only thing left i havent tried is to get the check the throttle body is aligned correctly???

If i do try this i will get LPS in martlesham to do it for me as they are only 20 mins down the road and i know there work is top quality.

are there any particular figures for where the position of the throttle body should be??

thanks

Clean that throttle body mate, i been told it always builds up with crap and needs to be cleaned at least once to get the response you want.

i will have a look at it tomorow and see what its like but it should of been cleaned when i took it back to jabba when a problem come up and it turned out to be a dodgey new air maf they put on and they cleaned the throttle body at the same time.

ive got a friend whos very in the know with car tuning and has recently set up a 172 clio running on an omex ecu and loom and he would be able to do the alligning for me but will i need the relevent software to be able to do it?? and if so what is the software called and can i download it off the internet??

thanks