A3 front bumper

spencerjoel

Reaction score
had a little knock the other day, cracked the number plate and the front grille /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
It seems that to replace the grille the front bumper needs to be removed but i cant really see how to remove it, aybody know the correct way to remove it so that i can also check for any other damage underneath?
cheers

[ QUOTE ]
spencea3quattro said:
had a little knock the other day, cracked the number plate and the front grille /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
It seems that to replace the grille the front bumper needs to be removed but i cant really see how to remove it, aybody know the correct way to remove it so that i can also check for any other damage underneath?
cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, first off jack the car up, remove the front wheels, and remove all the screws around the wheel arch/lining. about5 or 6 on each side.

Underneath the front lip are 2 more screws. Remove them.

Under the bonnet, at the front edge you will see 4 platic cap thingies. Push the centres out of them (they will fall so either catch them or be prepared to search for them later), the remove the caps by pulling them up and out.

Now pull the bumper by the arches outwards from the body and then pull forwards off of the car.

Easy as that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If there is any damage you will see on the crash bar behind that.

Rich

thanks mate, i'll get right to it, is this the only way to replace the front grill or can it be fitted from the front?

[ QUOTE ]
spencea3quattro said:
thanks mate, i'll get right to it, is this the only way to replace the front grill or can it be fitted from the front?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only way you can do it im afraid.

Rich

thanks for your help rich, cheers mate. is it possible to do this taking one wheel at a time, removing the screws and replacing it or not?

[ QUOTE ]
spencea3quattro said:
thanks for your help rich, cheers mate. is it possible to do this taking one wheel at a time, removing the screws and replacing it or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.. Only way you can do it really (sorry, forgot to say)

No problem m8, anytime.

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

cheers mate, btw just looked at your latest pics, nice car!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif