Brembo GT KIT-A3

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi guys going to be ordering a brand new Brembo GT kit for my A3 soon.

Ive been quoted 1100 GBP inc vat and fitting etc,

Is that about the going rate for the kit?

I could go the 312mm route, but im just a tart and like the way the brembo callipers look! :laugh:

Jason

i've seen them for £880 supplied only, cant remember where though, maybe tt-shop

I'd wait. Every now and again you can get a set for £500. Then about £100 labour.

I got my Junior GT kit for £400 off eBay a couple of years back, plus paid a mate a £100 to fit it and bleed the system. So if you can wait, they do come up once in a while.

I had mine fitted for £800+vat!

TT shop is often one of the best for prices.

How is the Brembo Junior GT Kit different to the normal one? Obviously it must be smaller but by how much?

emzino said:
How is the Brembo Junior GT Kit different to the normal one? Obviously it must be smaller but by how much?
I could be wrong but I think that this is just a question of terminology. I think they are both the same kit, and it just depends upon which website you are looking at as to what they call it!

The kit includes the Brembo 4 pot callipers in red or black, matched with 323mm discs (usually cross drilled), pads, the caliper carriers and hoses. It is the setup featured as standard on the Leon Cupra R.

Finally found a used set he says its the brembo gt kit i found them on edition 38,

He wants 325 for them and they need new pads and disc all round is that still a good price? How much am i likely to be paying for the pads and discs all round?

Also found a mint K03S with neuspeed TIP for 270 so happy days :)

Cheers dave so oveall im looking at about 650 all in plus the fitting??
Ive read that you can get them for 800 New some places? it'd make more sense to do that surely?

Jason

What size discs do you have now? A few of the MK4 boys could only upgrade to 312mm and bigger once they had changed their hubs.

I see.. Not sure its just the standard cappy T Sport brakes not too su onhe hub sizes,

Is there a place onlinewhere you can buy the brembo kit new or 800GBP?

Just after working all that ou it comes to about 650, if i can get the brembos for 800 new then it'd be better to do that surely?

Jason

And you can also use the plain Leon Cupra R brake discs which are about £100 each rather than the Brembo cross drilled ones. Or Bill Brockbank can supply 'floating' discs.

was just about to say that if you can get a set for 800 new then they will probably have cheaper 1 peice discs and mintex pads, so depending on condition , the 2nd hands could work out well!

josh

TT shop. Usually £800 odd fitted.

Bills disks are two piece but NOT floating.