Chris NottSky Insurance
    A6KHU

Status

New buyer for chips

Hi,

I'm in the market for a facelift 225 BHP S3 and am considering options for tuning. My previous car was a Boxster S so looking to have similar performance if not exact ! I've read tonnes of threads on here for chips/exhuasts etc... but has anyone come across or bought a MTM tuned S3? I've read good reviews of mtm and would consider going to Kim Collins now that AMD's reputation is down. I don't mind paying a bit more if the conversion is a good one. What kind of 0-100 mph time are we talking with 270bhp and 320nm? (i know that sounds so boy racer!!!)
    I'm also considering getting Milltek parts. Anything else you guys want to suggest I upgrade the car? I see a lot of people getting lowered suspensions and spacers. What's the story on those? Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

***** rent boy

Status
    A search will bring up lots of results on all those questions. I think a member on here has an MTM tuned S3 with circa 330 bhp. Kim Collins is a very good guy and is very professional in his work. A basic remap alone will not get you 270bhp, it's more likely to be around 250-260 bhp, but with a few select mods you will be able to see a bit more. The KO4 turbo on the S3 is not capable of producing any more than 280 bhp at the crank IMO.

Brum brum

Status
    Hi - I've got an MTM rechip from Kim, plus a Milltech cat back. I'm running roughly 261bhp and 312lb/ft according to Kim's and the old AmD rollers. I agree, he is a bit more expensive, but I went for MTM given their reputation in Germany and long relationship with VAG. I was slightly disappointed when I had it done with the paper power figures for my car, but the programme on my car gives a lot of torque which more than makes up for that.

No idea what the 0-100 time is. 0-60 is hampered by the third gear change but very low 6's or very high 5's should be possible, depending upon the driver.

TBH if you are looking at a pre-tuned one, then ChriS3's Nogaro one is for sale at 12k and that has a big turbo conversion and something like 330bhp.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

got boost

Status
    Hi i know it dont matter but i can hit 0-60 in 5.3 seconds..
    1999 audi s3, silver recardo leather, lightly smoked windows,18" rs4 reps, full exhaust with de-cat, cold air induction, front mount intercooler, 13.850 1/4 mile @ 102 mph.A little vid on me running a 13.90
    http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=MOV00019.flv
    xbox gamer tag jeffers999
    PS IM AFTER A CENTER ARM REST ASAP......
    Car collection
    Audi s3
    Vitara fat boy jeep soft top
    saxo vtr , little track toy
    polo 1.4 beast

A6KHU

Status
    Hi ,
    Thanks for that. I wasn't after balls out HP figures. Just something to overcome the drop in performance . I'm having to sell the Box to fund house purchase. I am hoping to move to a 996 TT in a couple of years and will need to save up. I know owners bond with their S3 over a long term, a bit like AMG ones do. I've got a friend at the VW garage which could help out though I don't expect big repair bills. A clutch on the Porsche was over 1000 ! I'll watch out for the usual AC, Haldex issues etc... Hopefully be a owner on here soon. The search starts.......

got boost

Status
    Yea i get attached to all my cars i buy them never sell them my drive is now full lol, But i love my s3 even the the clutch and fly wheel cost me £900.00 and its gonna be a biach to fit lol roll on sat, Good luck finding one buddy ..
    Jeff
    1999 audi s3, silver recardo leather, lightly smoked windows,18" rs4 reps, full exhaust with de-cat, cold air induction, front mount intercooler, 13.850 1/4 mile @ 102 mph.A little vid on me running a 13.90
    http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=MOV00019.flv
    xbox gamer tag jeffers999
    PS IM AFTER A CENTER ARM REST ASAP......
    Car collection
    Audi s3
    Vitara fat boy jeep soft top
    saxo vtr , little track toy
    polo 1.4 beast