Chips Away Glasgow area???

alecblack

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a couple of minor body repairs I need done and was wondering if anyone had used Chips Away around the Glagow area. I am going to phone for a quote but was wondering if they were any good?

cheers in advance
Alec

Just get a proper body shop quote. Chipsaway are ok for short term repairs ie a quick tudy up prior to selling but realistically even the best jobs will show through eventually.

Proper bodywork may be cheaper than you think

Hello,

Our local chipsaway here in reading is superb. He has the franchise for the local Aston Martin garage and there is always a DB9 or vanquish in his bays. I disagree with the last chap. this chipsaway seems to pretty much respray pannels and blend into other pannels. I think the "i can fix an area the size of 10p" is a myth.
My friend had the bonnet of his Z4 painted after being keyed by chipsaway and it still looks mint a year later. Also another friend had his puma keyed and had to have 4 pannels done. Perhaps the quality of the franchise varies from place to place but I'd say Reading chipsaway is outstanding. Only trouble is they are expensive. For example bonnet of Z4 £250 plus vat. He did the puma door/wing and bootlid for £350 I seem to remember. I dont buy these are short term repairs, they are basically doing exactly what your bodyshop would do. Dont knock it till you've tried it....

Cheers

Brian