JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

The sound that occurs when the window is left slightly open..

I have a sound resembling the above coming from somewhere behind my dash on my A3. It isn't noticeable until i reach higher speeds (60 plus), does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Cheers,

Ross
    Ross

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Tried closing all the vents?
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Sometimes it can be the wipers. Operate them and see if the sound disapears momentarily.

Also there is a situation when the air flaps are positioned in a certain way....tho I can't remember which. There was a thread recently that mentioned it.

1st Gear

Status
    Wow, i didn't expect any replies on this one. Funny you mention that HTC because it seems to be coming from the windscreen wiper area. I'll try that tonight and get back to you. I haven't tried closing all vents yet, but i will also try that. cheers,

Ross
    Ross

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    May sound a bit silly but i had a similar prob and it turned out that my bonnet wasnt sitting flush as a bit of trim was in the wrong place and once i put it back in the correct area the noise dissapeared.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Aky
    Aky

Status
    Good to see you finally got your motor back on the road VRBob. What was the final bill?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aky
    Good to see you finally got your motor back on the road VRBob. What was the final bill?
    Thanks

Yup all back n running better than ever. Final bill was 1700 tom Audi who finally worked out it was a faulty Throttle Body.

Great to have the S3 back now looking at getting that Remap finally by Custom Code at Storm.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Aky
    Aky

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob
    Great to have the S3 back now looking at getting that Remap finally by Custom Code at Storm.
    You'll have no regrets in getting CC'd

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aky
    You'll have no regrets in getting CC'd
    Good good will have to book it in for saturday as reading is a good hour away from me in sunny soton. Will wait for payday this month and then get it done.