Possible buy.

gman

Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to look at a ming blue S3. It's a W reg with 49000 miles. It has the chrome mirrors, silver heated leather, bose speakers, cd autochanger in
the boot and cruise control.

It is up for £15,995 at an Audi dealer. I wanted to ask if this is a good price or should I walk away?

It's a 2000 model so I don't think so. If it isn't
should I walk away and look for something else?

I would say it looks like a good price. Cheapest one on autotrader with leather is 15,750 (trade). Obviously you should be able to get at least 500 if not 1000 quid of that.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We got 500 quid off the list price of our Audi just recently and that was only on at 8500.

You can do a nationwide search for an S3 on their website... sounds like you're looking at one with 49875 miles at Northampton Audi...
Anyway, those headlights are one-piece Xenons... and I think someone recently said in the facelift-related post that one-piece lights might mean it's the new shape.. someone else will probably clarify.

A bit more money and some arguing might get you the Green one with half the mileage, a year newer, from Southend.

Never buy unless you're damn sure - a lot of people will hold out for the exact model and colour, right leather, etc.

It is the one at Northampton Audi. I'll go and have
a look and see if I can get them down in price, which I doubt I will.

It does have everything I want but I think the mileage is to high for my liking, as a friend of mine has seen a black one, same year but without the chrome mirrors with 27000 miles for the same price.

dont buy anything from Southend Audi, there service is crap and the prices are so over the top. Unfortunalty i have to use them as my main stealer.

Thanks for the advice. Don't really fancy the green one anyway.

I paid about the same for a Y reg with similar mileage (private). Similar spec but without the ali mirrors (had to buy and fit myself) and heated seats. It has got 18" RSTTs, Sat Nav and a tracker though. It also has a Viper DV and AmD remap.

G-Man

STOP!!!!

The car at Northampton Audi is a pre-facelift model and the picture is not the actual car!

Facelifted cars are X reg onwards, although there are some early X reg's which are pre-faclifted knocking about, probably left over from old stock.

If you got all that for the same price I think I should hold back on it.

Thanks kmpowell. I have just checked it again and you're right. It hasn't even got the mirrors on that car in the picture.