What's Next logical Mod?

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi guys Pretty happy with my A3 at the moment due to my age i'll be keeping the A3 a while till i can afford to insure an S3 sensibly.

Ive currently Sorted the handling its Sitting on H&R Cup Kit 55-45, and H&R Arb's.

Just had the Remap done really pleased with how it's running now its got the Forge 007P And BMC with cold air feed, with the Miltek full system too.

Thinking of what i want to do next... lots of little things like a new wheel,Gearknob,boost gauge,wheel spacers etc little things like that. But what should i really be looking at doing next?

The brakes are pretty shocking i know that, could just upgrade the discs and pads but i love the way the Brembo Gt Junior kit looks Guessing thats about 800 Plus fitting? And maybe an FMIC i know the forge one is pricey not too sure about the other kits that are cheaper? And thinking of upgrading the hoses maybe a full Samco kit? And at some point i want to do the turbo whichever one i cant find either a K04 Or K03s but that'll be quite costly i guess?

Just wondering what the next logical upgrade would be? Hopefully it'll be up there with Dave's one day to be the perfect A3 :laugh:

Cheers

if you see yourself buying an S3 when your a bit older the most logical thing to do would be to not spend anymore money on your A3 as you'll get no return for it.

You dont have to go silly on the brake side of things, why not buy the 312mm brackets uprate pads and discs to improve your stoppers.

K03s will be a better option than a K04 and involves less work/part.

Just bolts on staright and does make a big difference when remapped :)

Brakes.

£125 for brand new 312mm carriers.

Then if you want to keep costs down, £80 for a set of Zimmermann 312mm discs and £50 for Mintex Xtreme pads.

Well this will be kept for quite a while as im only 18 years old at the moment...

Seems like brakes then the K03S then?

Jason

I wouldnt do a K03s again. All told I must have spent 2000 GBP getting it right, and lets be honest, 2K will buy a very good Mk2 Golf and they are a lot more fun to drive.

Code:
Dave_Bayern I wouldnt do a K03s again. All told I must have spent 2000 GBP getting it right, and lets be honest, 2K will buy a very good Mk2 Golf and they are a lot more fun to drive.

I see? so you really wouldnt recommend going for the K03S? i was under the impression that the K03s would be fairly cheap to do?

Why has it cost nearly 2000GBP dave? Other than the K03S 200 Bhp would be the max i'll see from an AGU wont it?

2000 GBP for 50 bhp though does make you think....

Jason

It wouldnt have to cost you that much though Jason, Your looking at £150 for a turbo, and £300 for an FMIC. you already have an induction kit and a turbo back exhaust with downpipe, so after the turbo and FMIC you would just need another map from APS, which you said they wouldnt charge you much for?

II reckon you could do it for under a grand.

K03s 150GBP
Washers and bolts 40GBP
TIP 110GBP
FMIC 300GBP
Clamps and incidentals for FMIC: 30GBP
Oil and coolant for turbo swap: 40GBP
Remap: 500GBP

Soon adds up, so roughly 1200 GBP.

And thats doing all work yourself, so no labour charges.

Plus the brakes will be woefully inadequate so you'd need the 312mm upgrade anyway.

As said, I wouldn't do mine again. I only used top quality new parts on mine (except turbo which had done 36K) and it was close enough to 2000 GBP for parts and remedial stuff.

Also how much is it gonna cost you to insure if you go down the Ko3s route, must be costing an absolute arm and a leg even just now?

I'm 23 and i wouldn't be willing to pay what insurance would be asking if i had your car, so god knows how you manage!

So when you have a crash they can invalidate your insurance for misrepresentation. Great idea.

Maybe the money saved on not paying the extra premium can go towards the legal fees when you get sued by a civil suit for the other persons car?

Dave_Bayern said:
K03s 150GBP
Washers and bolts 40GBP
TIP 110GBP
FMIC 300GBP
Clamps and incidentals for FMIC: 30GBP
Oil and coolant for turbo swap: 40GBP
Remap: 500GBP

No need for oil, none was lost when my ko3S was fitted, so thats just £12 for a few bottles of G12

the bolts for the turbo and gaskets came to 21 from audi

can make do with the standard ko3S TIP, if you get the tuner-stop FMIC kit (hahaha) it comes with everything to bolt it on!

APS have said tehy can modify Jasons current map for a LOT less then £500, so that brings it in WAY under a grand for Jason!

Dave_Bayern said:
So when you have a crash they can invalidate your insurance for misrepresentation. Great idea.

Maybe the money saved on not paying the extra premium can go towards the legal fees when you get sued by a civil suit for the other persons car?

When i had a accident in the van which is insured in my name the insurane company didnt even come out to look at it! they just said get a quote and book it in! then they paid the bill!
Also if you really wanted to blag it, you say the car had the turbo etc on it when you got it! just play dumb! You thought it was standard! lol

I just wrote of my A4 which had lots of mods only prob is you get 0 back for them they pay you for a std car, but i was happy what i got anyway.

Why aren't you people properly insured?

I have my car fully covered including all mods declared, I'm 27 and I have 7 points, 4 of which are for driving without due care and attention. I pay 450GBP a year with 2 years no claims.

If I, with my history, can get insured for less than the price of a remap, why on EARTH isnt everyone else correctly insured?

Right finally got myself a K0S3 and a Neuspeed TIP picking it up next week, What is the max power available with the K03S?

im being told i need to change the downpipe too is that correct?

I better order a FMIC pretty soon, whats the difference between the cheap ones and for instance a forge one? Anything?

Cheers

I think 250bhp max. out of a K03s

yeah change downpipe to a less restrictive one :)

Yeah, expect to see 240 with a conservative map, 250 is about the max.

A less restrictive downpipe would be useful, but dont you have a turbo back already, what size is your downpipe?

£300 will get you the best FMIC you could ever need.

All of the info on mine is available is you do a search on here or ukmkivs.net

Yeah i must have the miltek Downpipe then, I paid a fair bit for the full miltek a while back i cant find the paper-work for it anywhere thats annoying as ive got everything else.

Is there any way i can check if the miltek downpipe is on there?

I'll have a look through your past threads then dave for the FMIC, i remember seeing a UK based seller selling one on ebay a while back i'll look for that.

Been quoted 200GBP to fit the Turbo By JBS never been there before but they reckon they can get it fitted Mapped and away i go in 1 day so that suits me fine.

Bit of a waste on the map i just had on the K03 But ah well i guess!

Cheers

Jason

Dave_Bayern said:
Why aren't you people properly insured?

I have my car fully covered including all mods declared, I'm 27 and I have 7 points, 4 of which are for driving without due care and attention. I pay 450GBP a year with 2 years no claims.

If I, with my history, can get insured for less than the price of a remap, why on EARTH isnt everyone else correctly insured?

I love you. Your like god in an Audi. I imagine you to be all fluffy and warm :)

I am a god.

And as such, I couldn't give a **** what you or anyone else thinks

:icon_thumright:

abdus - I'll dig out torque maps.

I'll be fluffy if you love me with your mouth?

abdus - I've just finished looking and I cant even find the paper graphs, so no idea on torque.

The only thing I can find is 188ft.lbs @ 175Bhp @ 4400rpm.

Which is no help really on the final figures...

grathies said:
See your trying to help, I knew you were really fluffy :)

Is he naturally fluffy tho or is it some kind of mould like growth?

rodenal said:
Is he naturally fluffy tho or is it some kind of mould like growth?

It appears to be a dealer option, although I cant say 100% without checking out the datasticker, and Im not about to go rummaging around his rear end (not my turn!)