HELP-Scumbag ossed superglue on car paint!

campbell

Reaction score
couldnt believe it, found superglue dripping down the passenger handle area tonight after visiting family.

has anyone any good ideas on how to remove it? i could use gasket remover in small amounts which is very viscious, i cant do anything tonight because its too dark to see if im damaging the surounding paint. will the superglue eat away at the clear coat? the paint has good protection (wax,polish, sealant etc) i also have an ultimate detailing machine, should i worry or can this kind of task be removed with this machine?

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Lee

will that definately do it Ant? is that talking from experience or an idea?

i appreciate it
thanks

Yeah, let it dry and clay it...If you are still unsure take some advise from a body shop, I am sure they will be sympathetic and give you free advice..

thanks very much, cant believe this happened. my first car was covered in black paint and the car was white! i know who did this too which it makes it so frustrating- a chav whos about 16 and hangs around the streets causing trouble.

the police wouldnt do anything but they would turn up if i taught him a boxing lesson! makes me not want a nice car because of jealous people, rant over lol

thanks for the advice

Lee

if its still not gone off Id be out there with some carb cleaner and cutting compount with a few clear cloths and some light trying to get it off before it sets

i have tried but it has set, i hope it comes off with a claybar. i can worry about the defects later

cheers for advice

Make sure you moist up the paintwork with the spray before you clay.

Once removed, if you have a pc polisher, machine the panel to remove any inperfections.

Edited to add, it will come off, just be patient. It will take 5-10 mins.

You can get super glue remover or i m sure nail varnish remover works to.

maybe try heating the glue with a hair dryer, to soften it up then clay it

no idea if it will work, but i do i feel bad for you :(

ok tried the claybar this morning, didnt really touch it to be honest. I phoned up a bodyshop and explained my situation and they were sympathetic and said hot water and soap to try and loosen the superglue, otherwise il have to take it to them-they want my custom so dont blame them.

i might try nail polish remover in very small amounts, i will get there in the end hopefully!

thanks for advice guys

Lee

Hope you manage to sort it mate.

...If you do ever get round to meeting the scrote that did it glue his ****** hands together or to the side of his face and see how he feels about that.

Maz said:
Hope you manage to sort it mate.

...If you do ever get round to meeting the scrote that did it glue his ****** hands together or to the side of his face and see how he feels about that.

ha ha, i would love to. the police wouldnt care if i reported it-thats why i havent! but they would be bothered if i super glued his face

Hiya mate,

Long-time no-speak!

Besides this little disaster how've you been fella?

So did this happen up near home? There are too many little vandals knocking around these days!

How are you getting on with it now? Managed to get it sorted?

One of the lads I work with was a sprayer for many years so I'll ask him if he's got any tips this afternoon...

Take care mate,

Rob.

hiya all,

i bought loctite glue remover from halfords, i left it on overnight and did three layers and its finally off thank God!

Faction one- im ok fella, how are you? I havent heard from you for a long time, hope things are well!? Im hoping for a better year next due to a number of bad things happening..apart from that im in good spirits most of the time.

I was visiting family in lower penwortham on sunday night when it happened, the girlfriend only noticed when i picked her up from work. couldnt believe it! didnt think it would come off without a visit to the body shop.

I know who it is and i have logged it in my memory for future, lets just say what goes around comes back around!