Enhanced DIS / FIS

bachamp

Reaction score
Does my car have CAN Bus?

Looking at getting the Enhanced DIS for my car but dont know if it is compatible.

Audi A3 1.8T
Build plate date: 10/200
Compliance Plate date: 01/2001
Engine code: AUM

Thanks

Also I dont have the standard DIS for my car either, would I still be able to install the Enhanced DIS in and get the standard readouts (fuel consumption etc).

I've got the same age/spec a3 as you, and I've been told that mine hasn't got the CAN bus.
What's an Enhanced DIS?

the 8l has the odb11 serial port. Im not sure when the enhanced dis came in.

The serial port is under the dash by the drivers door

whats the difference between the enhanced DIS and standard?

i have a 2001 X reg facelift S3, the DIS shows the mpg, miles left, etc what does the enhanced one show?

yeah, whats enhanced DIS? I also have the VAGCOM port under the dash by the drivers door.

Enhanced DIS replaces the standard DIS, shows more information like boost pressure, engin oil temp.

It is not compatable with CAN-BUS.

http://www.amtuning.com.au/enhanced_dis.html
Here is a link

My problem is that my car doesent have DIS and I would really like to add it.

Has anyone done this?

I was thinking the the Enhanced DIS might be cheaper.

That Enhanced DIS/FIS thing has been around for donkeys, and only fits pre facelift and early facelift S3's from what I remember.

later facelift s3's are supposed to come with a hybrid CAN bus system, but only for the dash cluster, meaning that the FIS wont work with it.

The CAN version of the FIS has been "in development" for many years, so i cant see it ever coming out. Oh, and it doenst work with Navi+ equipped cars either. shame.

heres some more links to the product:
http://techreactions.com/default.aspx

If my car doesn't have DIS is there anyway of adding it, if so please explane what would need to be done.

I could get a instrement cluster from the wreckers that has DIS.