something wrong with my clutch :(

rickparmar

Reaction score
Hello

When i press my clutch pedal it doesnt come back to me, and when it is pressed in i can not put it in to gear...

Has anyone got any ideas what the problem would be, and the costs involved

Thanks

how do I check which one is gone. What type of costs am looking at. Thanks for the reply

When that happened to me it was a new flywheel time. You might get away with one of the cylinders but the slave acts as the clutch release bearing.

rickparmar said:
Hello

When i press my clutch pedal it doesnt come back to me, and when it is pressed in i can not put it in to gear...

Has anyone got any ideas what the problem would be, and the costs involved

Thanks

Hey there Rick, how are you mate? Long time no see since GTI inter. Well I've had the same problem in the past, and it's only happened twice to me and both on very cold mornings. same thing happened came to press the clutch and it just stuck to the floor. Well try and just lift the clutch again with your foot from the underside, this should release the clutch peddle back to its original position. I never had to spend a penny and it's been over a year now with no problems.

I'm surprised that more people don't encounter the same problem on here

Cheers peeps

Just tried again in the car, kept pumping it, and bring it back up with my foot, seem to have done the trick for now, went for a spin seems ok

Defratos cheers mate, just did that, but it prob mess up again in the morning, will just have to wait,

Check for fluid loss.

If its a prob with the master cyl then it a quick cheap fix.

However, if its the slave cylinder, its a gearbox off job on the S3 unfortunately.

Still not fixed, its alot worse then it was before,

how do i locate the master cylinder, and does any one have any pics

also is there any way of telling which one has gone ?

Thanks

I had this a few months after I purchased the car. It only happened on really cold mornings.

It was fixed under warranty and it was the clutch slave cylinder I think.

yup cold mornings, I think it could be the master cylinder but I need to find diagrams how to take it out. U sure it was slave and not master mate