forge splitter

a3t_djm

Half Asleep!
Reaction score
got this put on the car today sounds ok but doesnt really woosh as loud as i would have liked any ideas on why tht would be?.......

Photo-0079.jpg

I have been testing an induction kit for a favour but it sounds like dump valve with a whoosh...I'll video it and post it so give you an idea

yea tried it think am gonna give this carbonio a wee shot lol

Im kind of glad i never went for one in the end wanted the Woosh like you did but told the plitter isnt that different from the 007P

Ive got a BMC and a 007P it sounds nice but not too loud!

Try an induction kit

Jason

a3t_djm said:
doesnt really woosh as loud as i would have liked any ideas on why tht would be?.......

because they are absolutely *****!

Forge make amazing products, and there is no doubt the SplitR is very well made, but sadly, Forge have only made it to keep people happy who are more interested in a certain image than those who care about performance.

There is NO advantage to an atmospheric DV on the 1.8T, and it will just mess things up.

Forge have tried to give people the sound, by splitting the air up, sending most of it back into the engine to keep things running right, and diverting a small amount to atmosphere to give the sound.

As a result, you dont get much air dumped, so dont get much sound.

If you car is standard, there wont be much air to move anyway, due to the low boost pressures of a standard car.

Best bet is to set the splitR to 100% recirculating (you paid for it, may as well use it, just use it as a standard replacement) and get a decent CAI. It the car is mapped, it will be VERY loud.

My AGU running a ko3S with a forge 007P and CAI has a louder DV sound than any ive heard on a scooby or such like, its actually TOO loud.

Rant over.

cai - carbon air intake?

so u reckon switching it and bang on a carbonio?

cai is COLD air intake, being carbon means nothing.

the splitR is adjustable, from 50/50 to 100% recirc.
I would just close off the whole atmospheric part of the valve, and run it just like the standard valve, then get a good CAI, carbonio if you choose ( i think its horribly over priced!)

that should give you a really nice sound, without being too chavvy

The valve will not mess anything up ....no engine codes . no over fueling nothing , I fully respct its not everyones cup o tea if you would like some blow off valve sound then the Split r works , if you dont want the sound , then the 007s for you, both valve are available from our dealers on Audi Sport.net