JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance

Thread: Mintex Xtreme

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status

Mintex Xtreme

Has anyone here used Mintex Xtreme pads before?

I have Ferodo DS2500 pads on mine right now, but changed some bits and pieces on the brakes, noticed my pads were getting low so I decided to get a new set of road pads and keep the DS2500s for my next track day.

Anyway, ordered some Mintex Xtreme from GSF which were a very reasonable 45+VAT and went to pick them up today.

The box looks like trainers, or a computer game, or Lego, or something. Basically its a fancy carbon effect box with a flap, and a window, so you can see the brake pads!!

Anyone ever used the pads? I know they aren't going to match the DS2500s in any way, but what are they like as a standard road pad?
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    What are the DS2500's like from cold? I would like some new pads as the standard ones are a bit pants, but I don't really loose the from cold braking.

3rd Gear

Status
    They are ok as a road pad, not quite as good cold as the 2500's but the best way I can describe them is that they feel like they have a very narrow working temperature range. Even on the road I soon cooked them.

Got better bite with standard as well. Not a great experience overall but not bad for the money I suppose.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    DS2500's are better from cold than OEM.

DS2500's are better hot than OEM.

You have to be REALLY good to cook DS2500's.

The mintex dont sound all that good Stewart. Bugger. Standards are 35GBP with my trade discount...
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't get me wrong, they did work better than standard for a spirited drive, just dont expect miracles, they are nowhere near being in the same league as the DS2500's.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!

4th Gear

Status
    So if I was to get some DS2500's could I use them with OEM discs or should I get something else like black diamond, don't really have a huge amount of money at the moment.

3rd Gear

Status
    Does anyone know how Mintex Xtreme's compare against Ferodo DS's P/N: FDS1463 (Not the 2500's)?

EDIT: Do they DS2500's have the wiring for the low pad indicator?

Cheers,

ICE
    Last edited by vanilla_ice; 29th November 2007 at 11:59.

Reverse Gear

Status
    where is the best place to get the ds2500's from and will they be okay for road use with oem discs?

Brum brum

Status
    You can get them from Bill at Badger5 - http://www.badger5.co.uk/
    I see no reason why you can't run them with standard discs - I've run them like that before on my Ibiza.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

REALITY?.... WHERE AM I AGAIN?.... WHO AM I AGAIN?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bayern View Post
    Has anyone here used Mintex Xtreme pads before?

I have Ferodo DS2500 pads on mine right now, but changed some bits and pieces on the brakes, noticed my pads were getting low so I decided to get a new set of road pads and keep the DS2500s for my next track day.

Anyway, ordered some Mintex Xtreme from GSF which were a very reasonable 45+VAT and went to pick them up today.

The box looks like trainers, or a computer game, or Lego, or something. Basically its a fancy carbon effect box with a flap, and a window, so you can see the brake pads!!

Anyone ever used the pads? I know they aren't going to match the DS2500s in any way, but what are they like as a standard road pad?
    Ive just got the same Pads, found quite a few good reviews, ive not run DS2500 however hopefully these will do the job
    Silver S3 OE03, PH sticker in Rear Window,