Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Jaya3

Status

Crashed in my A3

hey just thought i would share my pain! I was going up to work around 4 weeks back its only a 5 minute drive to work and was in abit of a rush and without thinking about it too much i didnt let my windscreen clear propely, only enough so i could see so i set off on my way up there.On the way to work there is a big long hill 60Mph speed limit with a bend in the middle all was fine untill i got round the bend, when the morning sun hit my car.. and with my windscreen not fully demisted it just reflected off my windscreen and i could not see literaly 2 foot infront of me not been driving too long just under 2 years i got pritty scared! starte d to brake when i seen a golf gti about 2 seconds away from me and hit him in the rear at around 50mph was a big bang wrote his car off and smashed the front of mine up but we was both ok german tanks anyway my insurance paid out for his car and mine is currently getting fixed but missing it already. Stoneacre who are fixing it tho are not the best having already taken them 4 weeks to think about assessing the damage and havnt rang me even once to tell me what was happening i had to ring them! although they did give me a fiat punto as a courtesy car but the electric windows packed up after a day and the door pillars are in your way everytime you turn round a corner and the road noise is terrible nothing compared to an audi Bell insurance has been very helpfull tho

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Hello and welcome

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Hi and first of all, welcome to the site and glad you are OK.
    Sounds like your car sustained some heavy damage if you made contact at 50mph and managed to write off the other car in the process! Hope they get your car fixed good and proper so you can get back behind the wheel soon...

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Fearon

Status
    Ouch..

Lesson Learnt though... Your A3 must be built well!!!
    Im just a window tinter!

Jaya3

Status
    Hello thanks yeah ive learned a lesson alrite especially when that renewal quote stings me next year i think i got off ok because we was both travelling at around the same speed in the same direction

Neutral

Status
    Hello There, Live and learn. Sometimes it takes a shock like that to bring you back down to earth. Up until recently I was the most distracted least concentrating driver on the face of the earth - a crash changes all that.
    Glad you are ok and at the end of the day a couple of hundred quid on the insurance - not the end of the world.

Cheers

Brian

6th Gear

Status
    What an admission! Youo are lucky you did not kill someone!

I hope they prosecute you, you deserve it.

Half Asleep!

Status
    why on earth would you even consider driving a car if u cannot see properly?????

6th Gear

Status
    Everybody makes mistakes, im sure he wont do it again, nobody hurt just pieces of metal.
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

Half Asleep!

Status
    yea point taken but u gotta admit it was a bit silly!

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah it definately was, but i'm sure everybody has done something stupid in their car that's given them a fright lol.
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

Half Asleep!

Status
    just be very thankfull your not this guy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNVrMZX2kms

that makes me cry everytime!!

Jaya3

Status
    i could see well enough to get down my road i make the same journey everyday didnt even think about it too much but it was that morning sun and because it was a steep hill that was so bright i have learnt tho and im alot more wary on the road now shakes you up abit