what is the best insurance company for an s3

grays3

Reaction score
i have owned my s3 for a few weeks now and when i bought the car i just changed over my policy from my old car!
but my insurance is due next week!
what you paying? and has your policy got good extras?
thanks

With More Th>n £400 with breakdown cover. Although only for the car, not the person like RAC/AA.

If it's standard, then it's just a case of shopping around and seeing which insurance companies favour your postcode or willing to give you the best quote after you play your best quotes against each insurance company. For modified car, especially remapped and uprated chassis, then Greenlight and Adrianflux seems the best option.

thanks was going to ring adrian flux tomorow! as im with hic at the mo and believe there the sister company!

hey mate any luck choosing some wheels? Off topic i know :sign_ot:

Try Privilege as well...they were £140 cheaper than anyone else for me.

Insurance is a very personal thing - there are lot of factors which might make a company quote low for one person but be high for another. Just spend plenty of time ringing round or using the various price comparison sites.

One place to avoid - Highway at Lloyds. I've not heard very good things about them, and I know that Flux, HIC and Noel Dazeley all use them. I had my Ibiza insured with them for one year before I heard what I reputation they have then went elsewhere. There is more to factor in than just the price.

Good luck.

I've got to say that most insurance company's we phone up are brokers at the end of the day. When I was getting a quote for my modified Passat, I was playing Adrianflux and Greenlight against each other, and they were both quoting insurance from the same company, but it started at £550, and I ended up with £400 from Adrianflux. The chap from Greenlight in the end just said to me, '£400 is good, we can't beat it, take that one if I was you'.

I use confused.com, with the RAC now with free road side assistance. Premiums are always cheaper at the end of the month, say 29th-31st coz the companys have to hit their quoter so are more competative.

Randomjim said:
hey mate any luck choosing some wheels? Off topic i know :sign_ot:
not yet i have seen some nice porsche splits!

mine bent me over and made love to my bum im 25 clean licence they said no to me, my mrs is 23 with 3 points speeding and costs her (me) 520 fully comp im only 3rd party on the s3 through my other car policy

greenlight were v poor for me megga bucks. admiral won this year. its like playing the lottery with insurance companies